• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice in Iowa!

Just thought I'd start a Ice condition report in Iowa. Woke up yesterday to see the golf course ponds totally frozen over. Then I hear it's going to be in the 40's on Friday. Bumber. Does anybody know how it is up at clear lake or okoboji.

------------------
Jake

Browndawg told me last night that Little spirit is froze over and Big Spirit is well on its way. Guys will be fishing the shallow water turkey day weekend I'd bet!

Checked out a farm pond in central iowa that had 2" of ice. Getting really excited now. But we don't need that dang warm weather back. Anyway everythings in the buckets ready to go.

------------------
Jake

Hey all-
Went to NW Iowa for turkey day. Saw I guy walking across the ice on a shallow marsh near Ruthven. Looked like all the shallow priarie lakes were locked up, but I only saw about 2 inches at the most. East okoboji was solid, West was mostly open except for the bays, and the north end of Spirit was solid. By the look of next weeks forcast we better be ready. See you on the ice!

I checked out Hickory grove this afternoon. The entire lake is iced over except down by the island, which was open most of the winter last year. The ice around the boat ramp was about 1.5" One more good cold snap and we are in business.. Next week?????