• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Welcome To Ice Leaders Iowa

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Feel free to clcik on the new Topic to start subjects on new lakes or areas.

lets keep sharing the info and hopefully more lurkers will post up.

Let's keep the Iowa forum lively...what do you say Iowa? We need your persistent help in here.

Hi guys! Ive been reading things on this site for about 2yr and finally joined!Im from Carroll Ia. now and lived in the Spirit lake area for about 15yr so most of my fishing has been done in the north west corner but do travel some with the seasons!
Hope every one has a great ice season this year and I hope to meet some of you!

------------------

Cal, I'm from Storm Lake originally and have a brother in Spencer, so we fish Stormy, Spirit, and the Okobojis quite often. I have lived in Huxley (south of Ames) for 8 years now and fish a few lakes around here. Let me know if you have a hot lake or pond in the Carroll area.

------------------
Rodbender

Love it Love it Love it! This site feels like home already!
Dropped a note on Rick's other thread, just wanted to put another up here and say howdy to all the other Iowa Icer's out there. We need to plan our next Iowa Icer's Re-onion...missed it last year due to LOI (that's lack of ice)! Herb, fisher, rod bender,mivame,soiled ice,hawkice,sledman etc.,
Happy T-day and bring on the hard water!

Keep waiting for good ice and all it does is keep teasing!just skim ice around here so far!Its not all this fishing stuff the girl friend has a problem with its wanting cold weather where she thinks im nuts!May be she has a point! Nah no way!

------------------
cal

IceJohn,

Miami is definately worth checking out. The fish are not huge but they are decent and there are a lot of them. We stopped by a couple of years ago on the way to Rathbun. We were the only ones on the lake. We had all the gills we wanted in about 2 hours.

Hey, I fish central IA, Cities area, and South Dakota. I am really impressed with this site. I hope that this year we can actually find enough ice to have the 2nd annual ice fish thingy!!! I am ready to fish.

Fish On
Solid Ice

Provided we have enough of that one necessary commodity (ICE!) I am sure that fisher101("101"? Is that like the introductory course?) herb, soiled, etc. will pull some kind of Iowa Icer's Re-Onion together....just need to whip up some interest and a lot more ice!
doggieduty

Hey, It's great to see all you guys from the old site. Seems like a gathering of old friends. It's going to make ice in Ia. all week. Just hope we get some thick ice before we get too much snow. Check out some of the links on fishingminnesota. You'll probably see some people you know from another site we used to visit.
Has anyone been out to do any icefishing in Ia. yet?

Herb I was out last Friday. There was 31/2 in on farm pond next door. Caught small Bass & 9in Blue Gills. Realy nice ones. I'am fishing north west Ia. Also I would like to thank Rick for this web site, I think it is great, Hace already got a lot of good info. Thanks again. (C.P.R.) Jackmac

They opened the tubes at Lake Odessa today to lower it for the winter. There goes our ice, what little we had and with the warm temps predicted, it'll be quite a while before I get out unless I head north.