• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FYI for people using 35mm trail cameras!

I have heard in the past that Walmart 1 hour photo allows you to pick out the pictures you want, and that is all you pay for.
Well, today I asked the lady at the counter about this.
She told me it is absolutely correct.
If I bring a 24 exposure roll of film in, and if I look them over when I pick them up and there are only a few pics I like; I only have to pay for the pics I take home.

No more 24 exposure rolls with 90+% of the pics worthless to me.
I get to pick the few out I like, and pay for only those few pictures.
It makes the pain of not owning a digital a lot less. MUCH LESS.

This is good to know, I've been holding out for the price of digitals to come down, but with this knowledge, maybe I'll jump in. So you can tell them that you don't want any picture, even if its in focus? Say your dog and wife walk by your camera and 'its not the right angle' you don't have to accept it? What do they do about the negatives, do they take them out too?

Bingo Blackjack,

For example, I had a roll that had 26 pictures developed.
24 of those pictures were of an empty food plot. The remaining 2 pics were bucks thankfully.

I asked the lady very specifically:
"I had a roll developed a week ago, and there were only 2 pictures of deer in it. Could I have just paid for the 2 pics I wanted and refuse the other 24?"

Her answer was, "Yes."

As far as the negatives, I got 5 pictures off a roll that I kept this week, and I got all 24 negatives.

biglakeba$$,

You camera may be aimed at the sun in the morning/evenings. The heat from direct sunlight may be giving you the shots of nothing you are getting. We have well over 100 pictures in the last 2 months and not a miss fire yet. Got some great buck photos including a 140" class 6 point I may not be able to let go this year. smile.gif

Hey Jeff

Yeah, someone had posted something similar to that recently elsewhere. I have moved all cameras from locations where direct sunlight may trigger them. Thanks though.

PS - Man, have my plots gone cold. I did not have a single picture in the last week on 3 different plots.
I am wondering if the deer have moved to the corn we have. Just a couple weeks ago the corn looked like crud, and now its got some very nice cobs. I can't imagine what else may have happened.