• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wetland destruction or not?

leech~~

Watch the two videos below and see what you think?  Wet land destruction or not?  

I saw these clowns on Youtube and sent it in to the MN DNR and this was there reply and mind back to them.  

May help to read the Wet land use description on the DNR web page as well.  

Read bottom-up.  

To: Vollbrecht, Brice (DNR) Cc: Seefeldt, Phillip (DNR) 

"Well you are the experts paid to protect our wet lands.  If you didn’t see any objectional wet land damage in either of the two videos I forwarded.   Then I guess I must have been mistaken what wetland and Wild rice bed damaged must be?  Just a question if there registered to operate in a public water area, do they have to use a boat launch like every other water craft or just fly off through the reeds like they did in the video?  Keep doing a great job guys!  May be I buy one. 

Thanks for your time.  Steve" 

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Saturday, December 3, 2022 3:53 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: Seefeldt, Phillip (DNR)
Subject: Sherp Complaint

Steve:

I got an email sent to me through the info center regarding a wetland complaint you had sent in about a year ago.  I also saw the email you attempt to send Captain Seefeldt.  Just wanted to let you know the Captain was not  ignoring you, it looks like you misspelled his name in the original email you sent.  

This spring after the snow/ice melted and things started to green up, one of our enforcement pilots flew around the area where the farm is located.  The pilot was unable to locate any areas of concern where the Sherp may have caused damage to the wetland.  The pilot also flew over other wetland areas close to the farm, but did not observe any damage.

The Sherp is dual registered which would allow it to operate in a public water area.  If the other wetland/lake where they drove down the road is private property we have not received any complaints from landowners down there for trespass.  

I have included the Captain in this email.  If you have any further questions feel free to contact either one of us.

Thank you

Conservation Officer Brice Vollbrecht, Bemidji #1 Station
MN DNR Enforcement
(Cell)-218-760-1798

ahh good old whistlindiesel, your just part of the click bait generating even more revenue for him now

love him or hate him he sure knows how to generate some buzz

Also he was already on the Mn DNR $hitlist for this and ticketed see below:

With the wheels installed, Cody took the RZR to a lake in Minnesota where he pushed the lightweight off-roader to its limits. With it being so small, the vehicle barely digs into the snow with its huge reapers meaning it didn’t get stuck so easily compared to Cody’s previous attempts. And there’s nothing more intimidating than an RZR equipped with spikes ready to impale you.

Unfortunately, it turns out that the metal spikes weren’t strong enough on the ice, with them being bent and broken under any movement, eventually forcing Cody to revert back to normal tyres and wheels.

Getting Ticketed By The Police

Unfortunately for Cody, he and his team weren’t alone at the lake. It turned out an officer of the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources was there, too. He cited Cody with a ticket for “Careless Operation”, making it a day to remember.

Edited by rundrave

36 minutes ago, rundrave said:

ahh good old whistlindiesel, your just part of the click bait generating even more revenue for him now

love him or hate him he sure knows how to generate some buzz

Also he was already on the Mn DNR $hitlist for this and ticketed see below:

Can't stand the guy and don't watch his craap!  I was watching videos on the Sherp vehicle which is pretty cool and these two popped up.  When I saw them mowing over Wild rice beds it [PoorWordUsage]ed me off and got me to send it in to the DNR.  

Another reply from the DNR Capt.  Sounds like their a bit afraid to dig in and get what the need to prosecute.  

Mr. Beeeped-out  😉
I do want to thank you for your time in researching and sending us the information.  The second video in particular involves the CBoyz near Cormorant Village in Becker County.  If you watch many of their videos they are full of violations.  We have met with the County Attorney’s Office and we have been told that unless we can provide a date/time of the actual event they will decline to prosecute.  We have identified many of the players in these videos but only have a date/time of the video release and not the actual date and time.  We have also made contact with them and taken enforcement action in many of their videos.  They are not afraid to film our officers in action.  In addition the first video was a year or two old if I recall.  I will not disagree that when looking at the video there is areas of concern but unless we can observe the damage and be able to testify in court that the wetland was damaged we would likely not be successful in prosecution.  We will continue to monitor their activity and if observed causing damage we will be taking enforcement action.  We appreciate and share your concerns.  If you have any additional information please forward to us.  Capt. Seefeldt

These Jackwads!

Edited by leech~~

I get where your coming from Leech. There are some gray areas and loopholes and they know how to work them. These youtube people they want you to be angry, it all plays right into their revenue.

The thing with these youtubers is they unfortunately  have a mass following and they will tell all their fans to show up at the DNR offices, court house, call the office phones etc. And it just drives up their following, youtube views etc. and the result is just more revenue for the youtube channel and people get sucked right in (myself included). Like I said love him or hate him he's generating significant income by doing it and its like a bad car wreck you just cant look away. 

In some cases the DNR getting involved the risk outweighs the reward if you get my drift. look at the crowds that came out for him over a misdemeanor jet ski fine in TN. It looks like its straight out of the movie "Time to kill" lol:

More: