• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2022 deer season

I sat this morning for a lil bit but with no fresh sign in the dusting of snow we’ve had I bailed.

I went to walk some hideouts.  Found some fresh tracks and crept in a little too tight to the bedded doe.  About 15 feet.  Close enough she didn’t have to stop to figure out what I was, just hit the NOS right out of the gate.

That was the only chance I had today.

We gave it our best this weekend...the woods were too loud to sneak on them.  We sat Saturday for hours on end in the cold and then around noon did a little walk n meet...earlier in the morning I had a buck grunting around me but stayed in the swamp areas and never showed.  When I made a walk to my buddy he said the swamp erupted with something running through it and after discussing it we feel it had to be the buck i heard.  We never saw it, but that gave us hope that we weren't hunting a vacant woods.  We gave it another shot on Sunday until 11 and did not see or hear anything.  Finished the day closer to home and once again didn't see anything but it sure was a nice day in the woods!!  Good luck to late season hunters!!! 

went up wed......didnt see a deer during daylight hours. thursday evening seen 7 deer......after shooting hours. 🥴 them buggers turned nocturnal!!!!!!

2 in the afternoon i was headed out the cabin road and seen a nice doe laying on the side of the hill, i stopped, thought about it but just couldnt do it....... the doe wasnt in the permit area i had the permit for!!!!!!!!!!!! oh well !!!!!!!

i decided the deer win........i packed it in and come home yesterday!!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Anyone going out for ML?

Bought my tag yesterday so I could go today - still plan to - but the wind is going to do a 180 by Noon so I think I’ll just do this evening and tomorrow. 

Pretty much all the snow is gone so that’s disappointing.  But hey, I should probably invest a few more minutes into deer this year anyway.  The kids are hoping to take some more “free” venny home. 😉

Daughter sent a motivational pic.

F4FC6552-A3F4-4CBB-8ABE-314B23EF74FD.thumb.jpeg.fd10be4ec70ac28242ab93e660518b21.jpeg

Looks Great!

Not hunting but out scouting for some crossbow next week. The woods were infested with ML and bow hunters In the refuge, enough said. Found a few trails to sit on. Oh and another winner of a lunch too! 😋

20221126_124049.jpg

20221126_124055.jpg