• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

going4it

Dang frustrating! Their coming out to eat and strut on the grass by the road and I feel like the little Dutch boy try to stop the leak. Now they came out about 100 yards down the road . Might just pack it in and go catch some Walleye instead of bagging ticks everyday! 😕

4 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Dang frustrating! Their coming out to eat and strut on the grass by the road and I feel like the little Dutch boy try to stop the leak. Now they came out about 100 yards down the road . Might just pack it in and go catch some Walleye instead of bagging ticks everyday! 😕

Those are the birds they are the most memorable to beat!  

It’s a long walleye season and short turkey season. 😉

22 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Those are the birds they are the most memorable to beat!  

It’s a long walleye season and short turkey season. 😉

Stop, try to encourage me and make me feel better! 😆

6 hours ago, leech~~ said:

That’s what I felt like in Wi, no matter what we did they would do the opposite. I feel your frustration. 

18 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Well, I'm done. It's just to late in the season and their shying away from calling or decoys.

Bummer let me know if you have any good turkey tag soup recipes? I hope I don't suffer the same situation. 

As of now I am leaving at 9pm tomorrow after my sons baseball game. Driving 400 miles west through the night with the intention to be at our cabin door just before sunrise Friday morning. Sleep is over rated, I will take a nap on a hillside with the ticks waiting for a gobbler show up lol.

Plan is to hunt Friday to Monday, I would really like to bag a bird early Friday and get it done the first day. Then  just relax and have fun the rest of weekend.

15 minutes ago, rundrave said:

Bummer let me know if you have any good turkey tag soup recipes? I hope I don't suffer the same situation. 

As of now I am leaving at 9pm tomorrow after my sons baseball game. Driving 400 miles west through the night with the intention to be at our cabin door just before sunrise Friday morning. Sleep is over rated, I will take a nap on a hillside with the ticks waiting for a gobbler show up lol.

Plan is to hunt Friday to Monday, I would really like to bag a bird early Friday and get it done the first day. Then  just relax and have fun the rest of weekend.

Where's your cabin? 

Well turkey tag soup it is. None of the roosting spots panned out and lots of wet rainy weather. From Friday morning to Monday morning I only heard one gobble and that was Sunday night. Didn't even see a bird and hunted both private and public land.

One thing I didn't account for was all of the extra noise and traffic for the holiday weekend. Lots of people showing up and neighbors land who I got permission to hunt at wasn't supposed to have anyone there ended up having people there. Lots people making lots of noise. I think that kept the birds tight lipped.

I hunted every morning and evening starting Friday morning to Monday. The other thing that didn't help was all the deer they are just thick out there.  Sunday night as I made my way closer to the only gobble I heard I got busted by a deer and she let me have it and let every other critter out there know about it.

During the afternoons and midday I just hung up the vest and got about 150 miles of trail riding in on the ATV over the course of the weekend. Still not a bad way to spend a holiday weekend.

Also did some ELK shed hunting, found some scat and rubs but no antlers.

5918E282-A631-4963-8B9F-E1F68CC7532C.jpeg

1CEE12CD-DA92-4480-A08F-2D0CD47F67F9.jpeg

DC87BC5D-F93B-466F-BB8A-534E160ADB86.jpeg

EABF897A-116B-4FDE-A5EA-6968DF9683C7.jpeg

699974A6-397C-4555-8CAA-234711121284.jpeg

FE73BBF2-D874-4B30-9CF7-9AB592CC0AF6.jpeg

Edited by rundrave

5 hours ago, rundrave said:

Well turkey tag soup it is. None of the roosting spots panned out and lots of wet rainy weather. From Friday morning to Monday morning I only heard one gobble and that was Sunday night. Didn't even see a bird and hunted both private and public land.

One thing I didn't account for was all of the extra noise and traffic for the holiday weekend. Lots of people showing up and neighbors land who I got permission to hunt at wasn't supposed to have anyone there ended up having people there. Lots people making lots of noise. I think that kept the birds tight lipped.

I hunted every morning and evening starting Friday morning to Monday. The other thing that didn't help was all the deer they are just thick out there.  Sunday night as I made my way closer to the only gobble I heard I got busted by a deer and she let me have it and let every other critter out there know about it.

During the afternoons and midday I just hung up the vest and got about 150 miles of trail riding in on the ATV over the course of the weekend. Still not a bad way to spend a holiday weekend.

Also did some ELK shed hunting, found some scat and rubs but no antlers.

5918E282-A631-4963-8B9F-E1F68CC7532C.jpeg

1CEE12CD-DA92-4480-A08F-2D0CD47F67F9.jpeg

DC87BC5D-F93B-466F-BB8A-534E160ADB86.jpeg

EABF897A-116B-4FDE-A5EA-6968DF9683C7.jpeg

699974A6-397C-4555-8CAA-234711121284.jpeg

FE73BBF2-D874-4B30-9CF7-9AB592CC0AF6.jpeg

Beautiful place to hunt though! 👌

I had 3 long beards in two place walk out in front of me across the road, in the same area I hunted this past weekend!  😫