• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FISH HOUSE QUESTION

StevieP

I’m looking at purchasing an older 6×10 ice castle fish house from Wisconsin. The seller has never had a title for it. I’m wondering if this would be too much trouble to try and get it titled/registered in Minnesota. Any advice or horror stories would be appreciated. Thanks!

I don't know how fish house titles work but if it's anything like an automobile, be careful. If he doesn't have a title, how can he claim ownership and have the legal right to sell it? When a vehicle gets registered, the state records the owner's details giving him/her the legal right to the property. If it is not registered, as far as the state is concerned, the owner is the person identified on the title. Is there a serial number or some other means to identify it so a title search could be done? Personally, I would not give any money until you can legally register it in your own name. 

Just my :2c:.

Went through something similar here in Michigan when i bought a small aluminum boat/ trailer setup from a widow who's late husband bought in the early 70's.

No VIN #'s or title. The Secretary of State required a pic. and notarized bill of sale to assign a new.  title &I.D # to assess the value and register it.

Then a new steel I.D. # tag had to be attached w/ embossed #'s.

Picked up a tag kit at Harbor Freight for 20 bucks and was good to go. As long as nothing w/a motor is involved the state is more worried about the $$ than its origin. Good luck

On 3/13/2022 at 8:25 PM, StevieP said:

I’m looking at purchasing an older 6×10 ice castle fish house from Wisconsin. The seller has never had a title for it. I’m wondering if this would be too much trouble to try and get it titled/registered in Minnesota. Any advice or horror stories would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi stevieP, who's name is Denial Craig, from South Jersey, who wants to title a fish house in MN.  🤔

If it has never been registered with a mfg title.  You just might try registering it as a homemade icehouse trailer in MN and get a lifetime license sticker for it and your good to go.   You will still have to get an Icehouse tag from the DNR as well.  👍

Let us know how it goes, if you ever came back? 🙂  

12 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Hi stevieP, who's name is Denial Craig, from South Jersey, who wants to title a fish house in MN.  🤔

If it has never been registered with a mfg title.  You just might try registering it as a homemade icehouse trailer in MN and get a lifetime license sticker for it and your good to go.   You will still have to get an Icehouse tag from the DNR as well.  👍

Let us know how it goes, if you ever came back? 🙂  

Isn't that the actor that plays James Bond ? What's 007 doing in Jersey?