• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RonnieBird

Well I just picked up the tooling and dies  for them the other day. Probably looking like sometime  near the end of  March best case. I am 1 man operation and work full time and have to set up this process that a factory used to do in my garage 

18 hours ago, Marke said:

Have you started producing the birds yet? 

Hi Marke 

im very close to the final stages of complete lures. Packaging will be here shortly in the next few weeks as well as hooks and some odds and ends. I currently have 11,500 lure body’s ready to be popped out and nickel plated. Feel free to email me at [email protected] 

Edited by RonnieBird

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Can you troll with them? 🤔

Cuz 6 months to get a little stamped out metal lure to market seems like a bit long, to someone who spent 40 years in Mfg. 😒

hello Leech, i I’m doing the best I can at the moment as far as production goes for the lures. I’m just one person who has had to start from scratch as far as chasing down the material , waiting for quotes for people , matching up the thousands of dollars of dies with a compatible punch press , hiring a graphic designer, working with lawyers for the trademark, sourcing such things like the pins , the split rings , stickers , packaging.
        Iv been waiting almost 2 months for the complete order of rings from a USA based company , the packaging once it’s finalized takes 8-10 weeks lead time. It’s takes company’s weeks to give quotes for nickel plating or tumbling as they require samples then run a process then ship them back. Graphic designer takes weeks to deal with , then it gets sent to the print  company for approval , then the print a proof and mail it. Unfortunately this also isn’t a quick process. 
      Finding the wing material has been a huge hurdle, the lures is now made of stainless as I was unable to source the brass. All I get from people is it’s slow due to Covid 🤦‍♂️ Or we can’t get that because of Covid. I had to have  a company laser cut out 11,500 body’s for me because 3 manufacturing company’s couldn’t figure out how to stamp the holes in the right spot.
     It’s been one hold  up after another waiting on other people, As I sit idle with my hands tied at the mercy of other people and time. I also work a full time job and have a family to tend to, so it’s a lot to juggle and I think I’m doing pretty good for for having no prior MFG experience and everything is all out of pocket, and every component of this down to the packaging is from a USA supplier. Constantly tryin to keep the price down for material to get it to you guys at an affordable price. I just waited two weeks for a quote from a company for the pins who had to source the material only to find out they wanted an ungodly price per pin. If your familiar with the lure you have seen those pins and I’m sure you can imagine how much they would reasonably cost per pin. If you have any more questions or insight on manufacturing I’m happy to chat with you more ! 

also , you can troll with the lures , I just trolled a little bit and drift fished with them on Choumont bay on Lake Ontario Sunday. Ended up catching a few smallies and some drum oddly enough. 

feel free to email me directly at:

[email protected] 

Haha yeh I’m trying man. I’m serious if you have that experience please email me. I’d love to see what it is you worked on before, as it may be able to assist me in getting these things wrapped up. Also I can sell small quantities of  medium and large sizes as of right now. However the packaging isn’t here yet unfortunately. 

7 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Can you troll with them? 🤔

Cuz 6 months to get a little stamped out metal lure to market seems like a bit long, to someone who spent 40 years in Mfg. 😒

You must have never worked in the research and development side of manufacturing if you think 6 months is a long time to get any product to market. I worked at a place where we had a team of people working on getting new products to market and it took us years in some cases and that was before Covid.

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

You must have never worked in the research and development side of manufacturing if you think 6 months is a long time to get any product to market. I worked at a place where we had a team of people working on getting new products to market and it took us years in some cases and that was before Covid.

Come on Dave. It's a stamped out fishing lure, not the next iPad! 😆

Hey now you two 😂 let’s settle down here , they are stamped out. However they are progressive dies meaning they do not punch out the holes at the same time as they punch out the body unfortunately and it requires a material feeder and timing to get it all to work together. These are thing I can’t set up in my garage. This all ended up leading to me finding a local company to laser cut out the body’s. After that and the wings getting stamped out , finding a company to electroplate stainless was a battle seems how I’m only doing a few thousand at a time vs production work. 
leech if you want to buy some medium and large I have some available I can sell. Email me and I can chat with you more about an order 

28 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Do you realize there is more to product development than stamping parts? 6 months is nothing......

Yes Dave, fully awear of what it takes for new product development. I'm the guy that had to do the cost analysis of what it took to run it through our mfg lines from concept to finished product. 😉

I'm  just giving him some craap, relax!  At least he has a complete product to work off of. 👍

7 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Yes Dave, fully awear of what it takes for new product development. I'm the guy that had to do the cost analysis of what it took to run it through our mfg lines from concept to finished product. 😉

I'm  just giving him some craap, relax!  At least he has a complete product to work off of. 👍

Just as I thought. You understand the manufacturing processes but have no idea of the entire big picture. I was in the marketing department and I'm here to tell you that there is a lot more to it than you probably know.

43 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Just as I thought. You understand the manufacturing processes but have no idea of the entire big picture. I was in the marketing department and I'm here to tell you that there is a lot more to it than you probably know.

OK sure.