• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone up for a group ride?

leech~~

Not sure how many sled riders are still on this site but is there any interested in getting a ride together? 

I have a trailer with one open side and willing to ride just about anyway in the state, with enough notice. 

Anyone In? 👍

Edited by leech~~

i bought a sled 5-6 years ago and got it all tuned up and running smooth...then it has sat untouched in the garage since due to not having time in the winter to get up north and ride!☹️  Someday maybe I will be able to get out and enjoy riding the trails again.  Good Luck if you get out and find some trails to ride!!

16 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Yeah, was pretty sure there were no snow sliders left on this site.  Thought I would post my yearly involvement challenge though. 🥱

Sold mine a few years back! Happy at the time because I actually made money on it thinking I’d buy new, but delayed buying due to crumby winters. 
I miss riding, but now my daughter and son-in-law just built a new home on a lake in the Alexandria area and they just picked up a pair of Yamahas so now I can get out and scratch the itch……😀

I still haven’t fixed mine… too much posting I suppose…. 😉  

I’ve been kicking tires for replacements though.  The market is flooded with mountain sleds and 800+ cc machines.  I don’t want either.  The utility sleds are over priced and still sell right away.  

I dunno, still saving up for land, that’s my priority now.

8 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I’ve been kicking tires for replacements though.  The market is flooded with mountain sleds and 800+ cc machines.  I don’t want either.  The utility sleds are over priced and still sell right away.  

You're right on the utility and 2 up sleds going fast. You have to almost check daily and be ready to move with cash in hand if you want one. I do laugh at some of the Hopes and Dreams some of these folks want for old, high mileage sleds on FB marketplace. 🤪

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

are you looking for something with a love seat already available!!!!!!🤔🤓 i know a place!!!!!!!👍🤭🤣🤣

On 1/30/2022 at 7:22 PM, leech~~ said:

Yeah, was pretty sure there were no snow sliders left on this site.  Thought I would post my yearly involvement challenge though. 🥱

I do ride plenty, but my sled is up in backus. I keep it at the cabin were I do all my riding.

We just got 17 inches of snow here in Bayfield Co,,,,,  I would love to get out and ride but the 5ft drifts in front of my pole bldg need to get moved  so I can get my trailer and sled out ,,, My sled hasn't gotten much use other then breaking trails for our dog runs in the woods,,, But then again I'm saving on maint  and oil changes ,,,, I do miss riding the NSST since we moved but the trail system over here is almost as nice 

3 hours ago, LoonASea said:

We just got 17 inches of snow here in Bayfield Co,,,,,  I would love to get out and ride but the 5ft drifts in front of my pole bldg need to get moved  so I can get my trailer and sled out ,,, My sled hasn't gotten much use other then breaking trails for our dog runs in the woods,,, But then again I'm saving on maint  and oil changes ,,,, I do miss riding the NSST since we moved but the trail system over here is almost as nice 

Good to hear from you Randy. Hope your still enjoying living over in Wis. So you've added sled dogs to your winter activities? Their alot of work but it's probably pretty fun running the trails with them. 👍

Edited by leech~~

34 minutes ago, LoonASea said:

Hey Randy - good to see you post!

That’s a ton of snow!!!  We got a foot + south of Brainerd.  I’ve only been plowing it though - and running out of room to stack it!  Huge snow year this year but at least the drought is over.  Now onto flood season. 🥴

No sled dogs Leech,,, Just some fosters and our normal pack of family pets ,,, Just trying to keep our dogs on our 25 acres so they don't get shot chasing deer ,,, Path of least resistance is my theory ,,,, we got another 4 inches over nite so its more like 21 inches now,,, Need to get the tractor with the loader out now to move back the snow piles ,,,, I feel like a farmer now with all the implements I have  

5 hours ago, LoonASea said:

No sled dogs Leech,,, Just some fosters and our normal pack of family pets ,,, Just trying to keep our dogs on our 25 acres so they don't get shot chasing deer ,,, Path of least resistance is my theory ,,,, we got another 4 inches over nite so its more like 21 inches now,,, Need to get the tractor with the loader out now to move back the snow piles ,,,, I feel like a farmer now with all the implements I have  

No faster way to make and pack a trail then running a sled back and forth! 👍😄

On 2/23/2022 at 10:57 AM, LoonASea said:

I did add a new hobby in the last year,,,, I now have a sawmill and am making my own lumber ,,, Raised bed gardens, deer blinds, live edge slabs ,, cutting boards and other misc wood products  

we had a family that had a sawmill on the north end of t he cabin lake. they made latts and small things like that!!!!! they seemed to work enough to go out on the weekends.........they could of done very very well for themselves if  they put there heart and soul into it.  they also seemed to run into law trouble now and them. i know they got busted for cutting trees they werent supposed to. they actually got charged in federal court.  

7 hours ago, smurfy said:

i sure do miss a good snowmobile ride some days..................😔

Same here, it just got hard to justify 10 grand sitting there doing nothing for 46 weeks per year. I don’t miss the upkeep and maintenance, but every time I see somebody scooting down a trail there’s a tinge of envy. Now that my wife finally retired we want to travel more extensively so that will cut into winter even more. 
I’ll probably rent or borrow a sled in the future just to scratch the itch!

26 minutes ago, Macgyver55 said:

Same here, it just got hard to justify 10 grand sitting there doing nothing for 46 weeks per year. I don’t miss the upkeep and maintenance, but every time I see somebody scooting down a trail there’s a tinge of envy. Now that my wife finally retired we want to travel more extensively so that will cut into winter even more. 
I’ll probably rent or borrow a sled in the future just to scratch the itch!

Driving back from the lake this afternoon and seeing the sledders out enjoying themselves blazing through big drifts ‘n all gave me that envy feeling too, for a bit.

I want a newer sled too but honestly won’t get much use out of it so the old gray mare will need some fixin’ or just fugettaboutit.  I don’t do the sled/porty thing like I used to either and that’s as much I’d need.

Who in their right mind would rent?  Well, these days it looks like you and me. 

14 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Driving back from the lake this afternoon and seeing the sledders out enjoying themselves blazing through big drifts ‘n all gave me that envy feeling too, for a bit.

I want a newer sled too but honestly won’t get much use out of it so the old gray mare will need some fixin’ or just fugettaboutit.  I don’t do the sled/porty thing like I used to either and that’s as much I’d need.

Who in their right mind would rent?  Well, these days it looks like you and me. 

Tons of folks out west rent sleds. It beats buying a 16-18,000 new sled, trailering hundreds of miles, maintaining it, storing it.

Just for one or two dream trips a year!