• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2022 gardens

smurfy

managed to pick enough green peppers for a batch of salsa, all cut up and in the freezer. my dill is about done and pulling it tomorrow. onions look better then they  have the last few years...there drying up and going to pull them next week!!!!!! found 6 cukes so far but dang this lack of rain and heat is tough on them. maters are coming along nicely!!!!!

kalarabi is a crop failure again!!!!!!

I have picked about a fridge full of cucumbers and zucchini and a few jalapenos. Tomato plants look great but the maters the deer havent knocked off seem fall off on there own.  Sweetcorn is short and in desperate need for rain in the next few days to have a chance. Pumpkins are finally growing like mad.  At least this year the shouldnt be ready to pick in beginning of September. Pulled all my onions they were already drying up. Hoping to put a late crop of broccoli in there spot if I can find some seeds. Bell pepper plants are finally getting big hope I get some peppers since ive been picking the flowers off for a month. Weird year it seems.

picked enough maters for BLT's tonight!!!!!!!!👍 yes with miricale whip!!!!!

pulling the cabbage today . heads just dont want to get bigger........should still make a good batch of homemade kraut. 

green beans and cukes sure are slow coming iin.

hope my maters get more on the plants!!!!!!! i need a bunch.

On 7/30/2022 at 9:37 AM, smurfy said:

I live on the west side of the river. This feller is going to the east side. No more eating my garden leaves.

IMG_20220730_091802626.jpg

The rabbits are eatting my wife's flowers down to the ground. Now this sweety lady want to learn how to shoot a gun! 🤣

28 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

The rabbits are eatting my wife's flowers down to the ground. Now this sweety lady want to learn how to shoot a gun! 🤣

leech they sell rabbit and deer repellent!!!!!!!!👍

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Shes been spraying that on like spray paint! They like the flavor! 😆

well guess she best commence to shootzin them then!!!!!!!!🤣

duffman.......i noticed that also about 2 weeks ago nut yea there producing pepper. only got green and jalepeno peppers though!

14 minutes ago, smurfy said:

well guess she best commence to shootzin them then!!!!!!!!🤣

duffman.......i noticed that also about 2 weeks ago nut yea there producing pepper. only got green and jalepeno peppers though!

Her plan 2 is my live trap and BB gun! 👹

Never seen her this ingaged!  Guess we maybe having hosinffer for dinner some night? 😆