• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2022 gardens

smurfy

On 6/9/2022 at 7:06 PM, chaffmj said:

Very big and nice looking garden Smurf. Also it looks like your grass could use some cutting. 😁

i got it cut!!!!!!!!👍 i like to grind up the garden weeds with the lawn mower!!!!!!!

On 6/12/2022 at 6:45 PM, Duffman said:

The pepper garden is up and growing.

23 pepper plants.

Back row is Jalepenos.

I planted for sauce. So even the mild peppers were planted for sauce color in mind.Right side is hot.

3 herbs for the fine cooking of the Mrs. Basil, Rosemary, and Thyme.

20220612_182826.jpg

20220612_182807.jpg

Duff, how are your jalepeno peppers doing??? Mine just don't seem to want to grow!!🤔

My jalapeño plants are about a foot tall. With last weeks heat the habanero plants finally took off. Serrano peppers have been the ones that look the best out of the three. Bought a battery powered timer to hook up to my spigot while at the cabin. 2 spouts, one for soaker on tomatoes and 1 to my sprinkler. Garden looked awesome when I got home. Well worth the $30 bucks. 

15 hours ago, smurfy said:

Duff, how are your jalepeno peppers doing??? Mine just don't seem to want to grow!!🤔

In one word....disappointing.

The other plants are starting to take off, but the jalapenos are super weak.

Don't know why, they are the only non garden center plants I picked up, got a couple 4 packs at Cub.

But I wasn't about to spend garden center prices on 8 jalapenos.....maybe lessoned learned?

I'll keep you folks updated through the summer.

My peppers are being weird this year as well. All from seed, and everyday another one seems one starts to droop. Around  20 percent of the crop was put out fairly early and look great, not too much problem with the main crop, but the ones planted since about the first week in June are having a rough time establishing. Glad others are having problems 😉

11 hours ago, pushbutton said:

My peppers are being weird this year as well. All from seed, and everyday another one seems one starts to droop. Around  20 percent of the crop was put out fairly early and look great, not too much problem with the main crop, but the ones planted since about the first week in June are having a rough time establishing. Glad others are having problems 😉

i get all my plants from FF garden center. my green peppers are moving right along. the jalepenos are real nice and green, there just not growing!!!!!!!🥴

My best guess is that the roots are not happy with all the rain. Another theory is that I am always busting one dog in particular [PoorWordUsage]ing on my peppers. Last year he kept it to just a few and just et him feel good about himself. This year he initially focused on one ghost pepper, but since have noticed him teeing off on others..........