• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

L.E.D. golfballs

Ronnie D

Welcome to the forum.

Interesting idea.  So, every 10min you pull them up and wack um, or just pull up and down on the cord to set them off again?  Let us know how they work out, post a few pictures.  You could have them dancing with that setup! 👍

Edited by leech~~

Modified a spinner to turn at 15 R.P.M & put a 2" - 90 degree arm on the shaft. The ones w/ streamers slow dance/ jig in a 12" circle like jellyfish. To lght em up i smack em' together, the red ones stay lit for about 40 minutes, others around 10. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie D said:

Modified a spinner to turn at 15 R.P.M & put a 2" - 90 degree arm on the shaft. The ones w/ streamers slow dance/ jig in a 12" circle like jellyfish. To lght em up i smack em' together, the red ones stay lit for about 40 minutes, others around 10. 

Wonder how long they will last?  No way to change the batteries I suppose? 

Planning a trip to Minnesota for the next hardwater season. Looked at the licensing regs. & not finding definitive answers. 

There's pricing for a 7 day tag = ok

But there's also spearing & fish house tags. Does that include portable shanties ? Also is there a separate tag for sturgeon?

Called the Minn. DNR & keep getting auto messages & voice mail. Big surprise they haven't returned my call. Any info for non resident licences appreciated.

Swift Tines

33 minutes ago, Ronnie D said:

Planning a trip to Minnesota for the next hardwater season. Looked at the licensing regs. & not finding definitive answers. 

But there's also spearing & fish house tags. Does that include portable shanties ? Also is there a separate tag for sturgeon?

Called the Minn. DNR & keep getting auto messages & voice mail. Big surprise they haven't returned my call. Any info for non resident licences appreciated.

Swift Tines

sturgeon are catch only, no spearing in Mn....   and yes ya need a tag beside the license for them..  and there seasons too..  

7 hours ago, Ronnie D said:

Swift Tines

There’s tags, stamps and licenses for everything.  Even as a resident it gets to feeling a little ridiculous.

If you’re planning on spearing and running a set line you’ll need both a fishing license and spearing license in addition to your “dark house” shelter license.  Any shelter left “unattended” needs a license.  And once you’re over 200 feet away from your shelter, it’s unattended.  200 feet is also the max distance you can be from a line you’re fishing (tip up).  And each angler is allowed only 2 lines, which your spear counts as one even if you have both the angling and spearing license.  I hate that one.

We are also known as:

Minnesotax

and 

The Land of 10,000 taxes. 
😉

14 hours ago, Ronnie D said:

Swift Tines

send them an email.......when i do they usually respond within a few days!!!!!!!

Thanks for the input slushies. No spearing sealed the deal for me. Not to mention the PITA wallet pinching hoops to jump through. I'll make a day trip from Winnebago to see an old buddy & then back to Wisc. where fishing is handled w/ some logic.

23 hours ago, Ronnie D said:

Thanks for the input slushies. No spearing sealed the deal for me. Not to mention the PITA wallet pinching hoops to jump through. I'll make a day trip from Winnebago to see an old buddy & then back to Wisc. where fishing is handled w/ some logic.

yea i think your state has to allow our state residents to spear in your state to spear here.......not real sure but used to be that way.

your golf ball decoys are becoming popular here in minnesota to. there where alot of them on tables at the Alex decoy show not to long ago. i personally dont use them but if i'm not mistaken i dont think you can use lighten decoys here???? but i've been wrong before.

The info i got was no sturgeon spearing which is a bucket list fish. Pike spearing is legal in your neck of the woods but i can do that on home turf even during the summer. 27.00 covers all species w/ 2 additional lines. Our sturgeon season is a 10,000 slushie drunkfest w/ only 6 tags available for a season that lasts about 1 hr.

Been selling the golfballs as fast as i can make em by word of mouth.

Winnebago here i come!

38 minutes ago, Ronnie D said:

Winnebago here i come!

That’s where I would go.  Do you have a spear with a detachable head?  Seems like a necessity for sturgeon.

The take is more liberal than 6 from what I recall but still quota based so the season will be closed when they reach quota.

Season in Wi. is 16 days long in February, tag apps. have to be in by Oct 31.  Total. $$ is under 100.00 I'm not sure about total take quota, I think it gets set after inventory of spring spawn run. 

Not fond of the break- away tridents

I'm building an 11 tine monster w/ mechanical tines ( like a broadhead)  & hope to have it ready by then. If not my go to weighs 9 lbs & should do the deed

Edited by Ronnie D

Any of you peeps have any info on roller decoys?. I wanted 1 more to match up an even set & the maker i got mine from ( Lake Superior Decoys ) has some issues & won't be carving this season. Tried google & notta. 

Any vine appreciated

Swift Tines

Site wont let me load da vid.

It's for a decoy spinner that i had to wait on the patent app. to be filed on before I could show it. I'll try & link it again later, ya might be able ta find it by searching for 2 arm bandit.