• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New strikemaster blade issue

rundrave

I just happened to pick up the new 8” recently. Also came across this:

https://www.strikemasterblades.com/

I heard of a few issues last year about this. After using a buddies and seeing many others with good reviews I decided to pick one up to add to my auger rotation.   

Hopefully it gets fixed right. A friend has SM and he has looked at my Eskimo with the welded ring and wondered why SM doesn’t have that because he has had to do a lot of shimming and tweaking on his to keep the blades perfectly aligned. 

I just ordered the pistol grip bit and will use that with a cordless drill until the ice gets deep and then will use the adapter and put the gas head on it. 

that strikemaster looks like a great setup and really fast cutting. Definitely faster than the Eskimo by the look of it. 

On 12/12/2021 at 5:56 AM, rundrave said:

I just happened to pick up the new 8” recently. Also came across this:

https://www.strikemasterblades.com/

I heard of a few issues last year about this. After using a buddies and seeing many others with good reviews I decided to pick one up to add to my auger rotation.   

Came across this as well.... then noticed that it was only for blades manufactured after August 2021 - which made me wonder how they found the issue in the first place?

Yeah I am curious now also. I just bought a new one a couple days ago but obviously there can’t be a lot of customers using them yet. How do they know if an auger manufactured after last years ice season and most likely not used yet before this years season is bad?

Here is the reply I got when I registered mine a couple days ago:

8FD8882A-1ABB-454C-86DD-DDB38080182A.jpeg

Re-call issues by manufacturers are determined by serial #'s which correlates to the date of production. If your #'s don't line up w/ production issues then the one you purchased wouldn't fall into a defective product category.