• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Veggie stands

Anyone know if the vegetable stand by the Corn Maze in Champlin is open this year?  I haven't been in the area and need to get some sweet corn for the winter, but don't want to drive down there if its not open.  Thanks for the help.

46 minutes ago, deadgooses said:

Anyone know if the vegetable stand by the Corn Maze in Champlin is open this year?  I haven't been in the area and need to get some sweet corn for the winter, but don't want to drive down there if its not open.  Thanks for the help.

i'm up here in central minnesota, st cloud area and i have yet to see one??????? 

2 hours ago, deadgooses said:

I haven’t been through there for a couple weeks but don’t recall seeing it open.  I might find an excuse to go by there tomorrow. If I do, I’ll let you know.

Edited by Wanderer

11 hours ago, deadgooses said:

This?  Looks like it's still happening.

twincitiesmaze.com  

Address: 8001 109th Ave N, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445

Hours:

Monday12–6PM

Tuesday12–6PM

Wednesday12–6PM

Thursday12–6PM

Friday12–6PM

Saturday10AM–6PM

Sunday10AM–6PM

Phone: (952) 992-9326

Edited by leech~~

49 minutes ago, deadgooses said:

The stand isn't part of the maze festivities, separate little hut.  Same owners, same property, but it usually sits right on the corner of 169.  There was talk last year of shutting it down, not sure if it happened or not.

Looks like their still there.  Posted on FB 10hrs ago.

Fresh Pickin's

10h  ·

Have you visited our Brooklyn Park location? We are conveniently located there on the SE corner of 169 & 109th Ave, enter from 109th. We open at 9 there EVERY DAY, and stay until we've sold out. We have dozen bags bagged & ready on the shelves to the left, 1/2 dozen bags on the shelves to the right of the stand. Watermelon should be here tomorrow! We also carry a variety of seasonal produce from our farm including green beans, potatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, peppers, & more! Our friendly staff there is ready to help you!

You ever tried this corn. Pretty good stuff but a bit spendy!

"Amaize is local, too! Grown exclusively for Lunds & Byerlys by one of our local growers, Bert Bouwman, our Amaize corn is hand harvested to ensure the utmost quality. Located in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, Bert’s farm takes great care from seed to harvest to bring us the very best corn available."

Edited by leech~~

7 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I’d say you saved me a trip but really just about guaranteed I’ll go now.  Buy some stuff.  It sounds pretty good!

Check their FB page sounds like they sell out everyday and do updates. 

Thanks Leech.  I'm not on Facebook so I never think to go that route.  Yes, the corn is awesome, to my mind worth the money.  The other veggies are good too, but I mainly go for the corn.  Been going there for many years, to the point that most other corn just can't match up.  Making room in the freezer today.

1 hour ago, deadgooses said:

Thanks Leech.  I'm not on Facebook so I never think to go that route.  Yes, the corn is awesome, to my mind worth the money.  The other veggies are good too, but I mainly go for the corn.  Been going there for many years, to the point that most other corn just can't match up.  Making room in the freezer today.

So how much corn you talking hear??? I may do 3 dozen for the year. Have a friend than planted the peaches and cream corn. I'm droolin waiting for it to be ready.

1 hour ago, deadgooses said:

The way the corn looks I'm thinking this may be the same guy that grows exclusively for Lunds & Byerlys.  It has that same whiteish look?  That corn is crazy sweet! ?

1st pic is Byerly's site. 2nd is Fresh Pickin's site.  Looks darn the same stuff?  

tumblr_n9zwgxqqux1taztn9o1_r1_1280-1.jpg

219209650_4220669121331662_5358622603559305327_n.jpg

Edited by leech~~

Finally stopped at the Fresh Pickens stand yesterday.  Picked up corn of course and tomatoes and a cantaloupe.  The tomatoes look fantastic and are at perfect ripeness but I didn’t detect any particular outstanding flavor.  The cantaloupe Is big and leaps and bounds better than the last one I got at the grocery store.

I think the corn is THE BEST corn on the cob I’ve ever had.  And that’s saying something coming from farm country in central MN where people are very proud of their corn and deservedly so.

Yeah… mmm… that was awesome.  Can’t wait till dinner tomorrow! ?

other then the weekly farmers markets i havent seen any of them veggie stands. not even in st cloud. the ones i speak of are the stands that had a yellow umbrella on top, 6 sided type counter. there was one in royalton  right off hwy 10 ,the last time i headed north. the only one i've seen. they had really good stuff too!!!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, smurfy said:

other then the weekly farmers markets i havent seen any of them veggie stands. not even in st cloud. the ones i speak of are the stands that had a yellow umbrella on top, 6 sided type counter. there was one in royalton  right off hwy 10 ,the last time i headed north. the only one i've seen. they had really good stuff too!!!!!!!!!

Their all over up north. Merrifield, mn. Crosslake mn right at the Holiday gas station.