• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice House Siding Questions

Bri Guy97

Hi guys, after many years I am finally beginning to build my own wheel house. It'll be 6'x12' with a 3' V. Frame will be from Miltona blacksmith, walls will be 2x3 wood studs. I am up in the air about what kind of siding to use. I'm wondering if smooth aluminum panels without fasteners can be used & properly held in place without spray foaming the interior? I know Im slightly worried about it which is why I am leaning towards the DL-3 panel (installed with fasteners) sold by metal sales in Rogers, similar siding to what ice castle uses. If I decide to use this panel I am wondering how people seal the outside corners? Ive seen people use diamond plate corners but the panels are corrugated so Im not sure how that makes a good seal?

Thanks.

Looking for means to attach aluminum sheeting to a DIY wheelhouse without screws or saftners. I did see a post on using some kind of double faced tape or adhesive. Would also like to know if anyone have tried this on Marine Board HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) Plastic if area for sealing is cleaned.

Folks that have metal studs have used 3m VHB on aluminum sheets. I have seen folks attach metal onto wood studs and use the tape on top of that..... not sure that I would trust that, seems like a lot of room for failure