• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

in the past few days i pulled out my green beans and 5 of my 20 tomato plants. for what they where producing it didnt pay to waste water on them. 🥴

i noticed the trees in my yard looking a little stressed so decided to give them a drink. took the hose and set it at a slow trickle by the truck and let it set for a 12 hour shift.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A little rain would go along way but looking surprisingly good. A few more days should about do it.

This cool weather and rain today sure perked things up.

Mrs Duff does well with the flowers, but I really dig her Coleus creations.  

Posted Images

Been very impressed with my rugged boy tomatoes. Great size (softball) and no marks or splitting. They will be my tomato of choice from now on. Also blight resistant, my celebrities look like dump and very little blight on the RB. 

i quit getting the celebrity, wasnt happy with them either. have had good luck with big boy and better beef varietries........well till this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked second round of sweet corn, then pulled all my corn, beans, cucumbers, zucchini, and a few of my crappy tomato plants. Gardens looking very empty. 

Next year I will be adding 2 yards of compost to the garden and got a lot of brush to burn, going to add the ash before tilling next spring. 

I need to add to my soil each year, tried to skip it this year and it showed in a lot of my plants. Produced but not like in years past when I have added compost to it. Live and learn. 

tomatoes were the only thing that really did well. Close to 40 qts of salsa last week. 

E357386D-BA9B-4A8D-83F4-15A48B09B11B.jpeg

98876693-3FBD-480F-BADB-D43D844D8F17.jpeg

wow thats alot of salsa!!!!!!!👍 i put mine in pint jars. we seem to use salsa in spirts.........in time it gets moldy since there are no preservatives!!!!!!!!! 

• 3 weeks later...