• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2021 GARDENS

snagfinder

Sweetcorn did excellent givien the hot/dry weather. Pumpkin plants look awesome but dont see much for pumpkins. Dont really wanna get in and look so hopefully i just dont see them. Zucchini ran wild i cant even give them away anymore. Had a few good looking watermelons but i left the garden door open and judging by the looks of the teeth marks bunnies like watermelon rind. Dont think they ruined them but aint looking so pretty anymore.

in the past few days i pulled out my green beans and 5 of my 20 tomato plants. for what they where producing it didnt pay to waste water on them. ?

i noticed the trees in my yard looking a little stressed so decided to give them a drink. took the hose and set it at a slow trickle by the truck and let it set for a 12 hour shift.

my garden is pretty thin right now. only thing left are tomatoes and kalarabi!!!!!! yesterday ieven cut down a bunch of my wifes flowers that are done blooming.

but them honey bees are sure working over the sedums!!!!!!1?

I have about a dozen sedum around the yard. Tons of bees. With Those and bee balm I feel like I did my part with the bee population. 

tomatoes, second round of peas and habanero are the only thing left. Collected my 4 o’clock seeds and need to clip 5-6 zinnias to plant next spring. Yards down to 3 inches, wind has helped when dropping the mower down a quarter inch. 

Duffman care to share what you use pepper sauce for? I googled it but seeing if you do something different with it. 
Thanks 

I've got a tiny garden, but will try and produce more bounty next year.

Would like to get enough peppers to fill a dozen bottles. 

It was a nice ratio with hot and sweet peppers. Hot peppers this year included serrano, thai, salsa, cayenne, habanero. And what I call MN jalapenos, they seem to be very mild for us northern folk.

But along with the sweet peppers, they made up most of the bulk of this batch.

Now I need to come up with a name and label for next year.

20210918_174832.jpg

20210925_124747.jpg

On 9/25/2021 at 1:20 PM, Duffman said:

I've got a tiny garden, but will try and produce more bounty next year.

Would like to get enough peppers to fill a dozen bottles. 

It was a nice ratio with hot and sweet peppers. Hot peppers this year included serrano, thai, salsa, cayenne, habanero. And what I call MN jalapenos, they seem to be very mild for us northern folk.

But along with the sweet peppers, they made up most of the bulk of this batch.

Now I need to come up with a name and label for next year.

20210918_174832.jpg

20210925_124747.jpg

Duff, don't stop with the fancy shrink wrap. Break out the printer and make some labels! Here's mine. 😋

IMG_2148.JPG