• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2021 GARDENS

snagfinder

Bought time to get this rolling again. Thinking of getting some slow germinating peppers seed started this weekend if i get my garage painting project done in time. Anyone else thinking about scratching that itch yet.  Got six new four foot led grow lights to go along with last years pair. My garage is gonna glow like a UFO this year.

I wasnt gonna start tomatoes anymore cause they always get so tall and wimpy on me, but after new way brighter lights they worked much better. Other thought is the way dump sells out now I dont wanna be empty handed when May rolls around. Guessing if I dont need them someone will.

Picked up a bunch of my seeds Sunday at Menards. Wont start them for a few months but nice to have them on hand and not scampering trying to find seeds in April. I’ve found a fan and a good grow light helps with the leggy tomatoes. I’m getting excited for the season, I’m guessing the wife cuts down on my tomato plants this year, says I’m wasteful. I’d rather have too much then not enough!! 

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

if its in a sealed jar......dont get freezer burn and lasts longer........ however i do through some things in the freezer.enough till next harvest!!!!!!!!

oh I understand that, all I'm saying is there are other solutions to get by until lids and rings can be gotten..

11 hours ago, going4it said:

Anybody tried the no name lids? Apprehensive to try them. Any info?

i have not, and wont. i look for them every time i hit a store. if it doesnt say Kerr or Ball i pass. i'n not going through all the work to ruin  something on generic lids.........now my brother scored through Amazon..... didnt ask the brand name. i,m figuring march - april they should hit shelves again. maybe.

The reviews on Amazon for any rings but Kerr and Ball said they struggle to get them on the jars. Just how do you screw that up as a manufacturer? Not sure on the lid quality but both products are overpriced right now. Don't panic buy, lots of time before canning season.

anybody been to a greenhouse or garden center???? one of my wifes friends said the price of hanging plants is through the roof!!!!!!!! she wanted 2 but left with none!!!!!

sure hope veggie plants arent that way.