• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Yep that's right where I have mine. Wish I could post a picture but still at work.  You might even get away with mounting on the hitch bar and not have to lose your storage bag! 👍   Funny, we joined up the same month of the same year! 😄
    • This what the back of mine looks like. I was thinking I could mount the gun holder type of grips to the metal bar in the back, if they're strong enough to hold - which is sounds like they are. I will research those previous threads though and see if I come across better ideas. Thanks Leech.
    • Sounds like a nice sled. Does it have the metal rack in the back?  I think there has been a few threads on this subject if you try a search on here and over on FM.   I, and I believe Wanderer, have the gun holders mounted on the back rack.  Not sure what brand I have but they work great. They have U bolts on a metal bracket and I just flip them up when I get to the lake and tighten them, loosen and flip them down when done fishing and putting my cover on for traveling.  I've gone about 45-50mph with the auger on the back not didn't move a bit with a bungy cord on them. If I'm just taking it easy from spot to spot they just sit there and have never fallen off.     
    • I have an 11 year old lab that is very sensitive to SOME noises, primarily beeps from a timer on the stove, watch or something on TV, rumble strips are also a big fear.  Of course the microwave beep doesn't bother him, guessing it is due to food association. He is not bothered by the vacuum, shooting, leaf blower, drills or other loud noises. He wears an e-collar when hunting and this doesn't seem to bother him.   We have new appliances so last night we used the timer on the stove, I had the dog up in the kitchen and was distracting him with a treat when the timer went off, he immediately began to shake and left the room and tries to hide someplace.   Any ideas on what to try and help with this?  
    • Nice! But holy smokes, not much snow!
    • Took a little run to Grand Marais.       Upper Gooseberry falls...
    • I just purchased a used 2up, which is the first snowmobile I've owned and I plan to primarily use it for ice fishing.  What is everyone using for auger racks?  Are the Kolpin grips strong enough to hold an auger?  I have a Nils auger which is very light, but I got the sled with the idea my dad could use it when he's at the cabin, and he has an ION that is about 22 pounds. I see the Kolpin Rino Grip Pros are rated to 50 pounds, but I wasn't sure if that's a best-case scenario and not banging around while driving.   I got a 2011 Polaris IQ LXT if the make/model matters.   Thanks for helping a newby out.
    • I hear ya! Still some decent snow on Vermilion...at least till Wednesday, talking mid 40's. Hopefully, I'll catch some fish in the balmy weather.
    • You better get that spin in soon. Snows melting fast!
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.