• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

$595.00 New sled.

leech~~

2 hours ago, Macgyver55 said:

When we were in our 20s my buddy had one. He smashed up his 440 TNT free air sled so we took the motor out of that and put it in the Elan. Turned it into a wheel standing death machine! ? Didn’t last long.....

fun feeling GIF by Ski-Doo

My first sled when I was 15 was a 1967 Ski doo olympic 10hp that went about 15mph.

The next year I won a brand new Ski doo TNT 340 free air.  Which did about 80 mph.  Braaaap! ?

3 hours ago, fishingstar said:

when I was in fifth grade we got a brand new snowmobile for Christmas. It was a 1975 Rupp sport for $525.

I rode the hell out of that thing.

I think our neighbors out on the farm had one of those and a Nitro 440 too. We had a 340 Arctic Cat like this one.

image.png.9e4c824e80ae9026c4c6c82984b8db63.png

17 hours ago, leech~~ said:

My first sled when I was 15 was a 1967 Ski doo olympic 10hp that went about 15mph.

The next year I won a brand new Ski doo TNT 340 free air.  Which did about 80 mph.  Braaaap! ?

Our first as kids was a Polaris Playmate.  Never knew the size of it but I eventually busted some teeth on the steel handlebars crashing over a snow bank at full throttle.  Little kamakazee turd... ?

Mom had a John Deere JDX4 that was like a luxury sled and Dad had the 440 Scorpion Stinger.  A couple actually, one with the open carb/breather facing the seat and then up graded to one that didn’t make you deaf when you rode it.

He could never keep me on that speedster without sitting on my legs.  Tried mounting handles on the back too then went faster cuz he could stand and shift his weight.  Didn’t have to worry about my weight cuz I never stayed on long enough to matter! ?

That’s about when the Playmate showed up.  Can’t imagine how I became a kamakazee rider. ?‍♂️

my first sled was a 69 ski-doo nordic 371. my uncle had a elan, and we always wanted to ride that, because his other sled was a TNT, and that single cylinder we could not pull start it. it had so much compression, if you did not pull it fully, it would darn near pull your arm off.?

14 hours ago, knoppers said:

my first sled was a 69 ski-doo nordic 371. my uncle had a elan, and we always wanted to ride that, because his other sled was a TNT, and that single cylinder we could not pull start it. it had so much compression, if you did not pull it fully, it would darn near pull your arm off.?

Lol, pulling over an old bigger sled motor was like kick starting a old Harley! ?

my mom had one of those Elans..............man could that thing so through snow. she used to bust trails with that where noone else went. our first encounters with snowmobiles was a scorpion, then a big polaris charger, man that thing was heavy. the rest have been ski-doos. i currently haver the formula s. but in between the TNT's served us well.