• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris 850 Touring VS Can Am Max North Edition Touring

hovermn

I'm in the market for a 2up ATV to use with my wife and have narrowed it down to either the polaris or can am.  I've looked at both, and both would work nicely for our needs. Unfortunately, each has their strong points and shortcomings.  

Strictly from a performance and reliability standpoint, what would you consider the better machine?  I like the transmission options on the Polaris, but understand the can am isn't far off.  

Thoughts?  If it was your $12k, which one would you pick?  Any reason I should stay away from either?

I’m surprised to hear comparable Polaris and Can Am machines are also comparable in price!  I’ll admit I’m not a knowledgeable shopper on the current models but will be hopefully soon!

Ive always been a Polaris fan but have heard nothing but good about Can Am’s except they usually cost more.  Sounds like a tough choice.

3 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I’m surprised to hear comparable Polaris and Can Am machines are also comparable in price!  I’ll admit I’m not a knowledgeable shopper on the current models but will be hopefully soon!

Ive always been a Polaris fan but have heard nothing but good about Can Am’s except they usually cost more.  Sounds like a tough choice.

The Outlander is more expensive, but also comes equipped with more accessories like a 3500 lb winch and hand warmers for both driver and passenger. 

I've read that in previous years, the Outlander's front shocks may be too soft and bottom out easily, but there's not enough info about it for 2021 yet, so maybe that's not an issue anymore. 

Being Polaris is a MN company carries some weight with me, even if they're built in Iowa, and I believe parts and accessories are more readily available for the polaris. 

The polaris is around 70lbs lighter, but the Outlander looks nicer, both aesthetically and mechanically, so there's that. 

Unfortunately during these times, dealers don't have lift a finger to drive sales, and stock flies out the door so fast that test driving both is near impossible, though I have sat on both. The outlander is the winner pre-ride. 

Edited by hovermn