• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I had never seen these before and I read that they are edible. These were 9-12 inches long growing on the side of the road in thick grass off the Echo trail near Ely. I read you have to eat them the same day you harvest them. I did not pick them.

1487568824_DSC03766_2(2).thumb.jpg.5110313f781624db85438e9e7f5d31b6.jpg

DSC03771_2.thumb.jpg.b3c38128ce0796eb6cdf6f8ff8df2a5c.jpg

Edited by chaffmj
I had the same pic shown twice

Those looked way past prime.  You want to find them white to slightly pinkish on the underside.  You do not have to eat them the same day, but you do need to prepare them the same day.  I rough cut them, and sauté them in butter then freeze them in portion sizes.  Some people will have a reaction if hey had consumed alcohol two days before or after eating them.  I ate some a day after a couple of beers with no adverse effects.  I like them best with beef or venison dishes, in gravy, or in eggs.  Kind of an earthy flavored mushroom similar to the store bought button mushrooms, only a bit more intense.