• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Layout blinds

SteveWhite

On 8/8/2020 at 3:39 AM, otterman91105 said:

For field hunting ducks and geese they work really well.

I just want to buy one and don't know which one to choose. I look at ALPS OutdoorZ Zero-Gravity Layout Blind but honestly i don't know what i should pay attention to. 1505084350_ALPSOutdoorZDeltaWaterfowlZero-GravityLayoutBlind.jpg.0773b4b62c6a33b7fc52ebd1c4ea5e57.jpg

Maybe you could recommend smth based on your experience?

I have a Momarsh that I like but honestly, like everything else, none are perfect for everything.

What type of fields you plan to hunt?  The size of the blind can be an issue in low cover areas.  Chopped corn stubble can hide most blinds but short stubble/wheat/alfalfa/bean stubble usually require something smaller than I have.  In my opinion that’s your biggest concern.  In some situations it’s best to just use a burlap overlay with field chaff added to it, or even a light sleeping bag.

Mine is the opposite, it’s large and harder to hide but has adjustable legs on it so I can elevate in tall cover or get it out of the mud at least if needed.  I could set it up in a foot of water if I wanted to.

You get what you pay for quality wise so that’s almost your least important decision.  Size, weight and pack ability for hiking through fields should be a higher concern IMO.