minky

Pike from last winter

Posted (edited)

👍 middle tine, little far back????? aim a little off??????//🤣🤣 J/K!!!!!!!!!!! NICE picture!!!!!!!!

with the ice conditions last year up in northern mn I never set up a spear shack, noe bought a license!!!!!! so yea i'm itching bad to hit the ice!!!!!

Edited by smurfy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Oh, I’d have the back rollers under water but not a lot further.  At least for my boat that works.  The axle of the trailer is under but not the fenders.  On my bunk trailers I’ve usually put it far enough in that the fenders are just under.   I just try a few different depths on a new to me trailer until I figure out what works the best.  The entire boat should be settled before pulling the rig out of the water.   And I don’t know if that IS the answer for you.  It’s just a thought.  Or you could put the beer on the left side and see if that helps too. 😉
    • I really like this layout! I’m hoping that you are doing spray foam on the walls? 
    • You mean not have the back rollers underwater? That could be what I’m doing I just noticed the last three times  it seems to wanna lean to that side 
    • Could you be putting the trailer in too far?  I’ve noticed I’m better off keeping the roller trailers shallower on the launch than bunk trailers.  Let the rollers do the work of guiding the boat on.
    • I notice that when I land my boat, it leans more to the right side of trailer. It isn't serious but it pushes a bit on the fender. I don't see anything off with any of the rollers. Is this unusual?
    • Heck ya!  You got some plans!  They were all sounding fun and then you throw in the Barbary sheep and go right off the charts. 😄   I tried with a group for an any deer in SD but didn’t get drawn.  Again.  5 preference points now and by the sounds of it that won’t be enough for next year either.   I got permission to bear hunt a property in the no quota area that reportedly has 3 bears living on it so I might try that my first time.   Otherwise it’s been all about waterfowling in the plans department.  In the best case scenario those plans would cover 4 states and both coasts.
    • Hi,   I'm new to the forum and opening up and old conversation, but the symptoms of deerhunter sound very similar to my new Suzuki 140A that I got. My old Ficht Ram did not give any vibration but a brand new 140A vibrates the boat similar to deerhunter's description.   Deerhunter, I know this topic is quite old but could you perhaps share what happened with your motor? Did you get the new power head and did it make the difference?    It would help a lot to understand your experiences as I'm currently having similar issues with a similar kind of an engine.   Thanks. 
    • Thats the thing decoys are like calls,guns and  Its all about what you like. They ALL work.. Its ALL GOOD... The guys that post negative [PoorWordUsage] likethis is the only one to use and nothings better are either some prostaff or someone validating what the bought. Its GOOD to be proud of what you own,made or do... This is what Im doing today.. This is about a hour+ scrapped.. Not happy with the eye set so I cut them off and will try again.. Double flocking on my birds requires a outset set eye so the eyering stands out need to use a smaller lower profile glass.. Tough to do with shaky hands and 15year old red apoxie sculpt.. Even more funs putting pinpoint pupils on the smaller glass....
    • What does everyone have going on for this fall as far as bow hunting? I have a fun fall planned.   My son and I are going to Montana on a general elk tag in September. That will be his 1st elk hunt-- I'm excited about it, and so is he. He and I also drew North Dakota any deer tags so we will hunt mule deer for a couple long weekends too. I will also chase deer in Minnesota. Finally I got lucky and drew an archery barbary sheep tag in New Mexico. Should be a fun season for sure.    What does everyone else have planned?
    • Looks like she picked up a few extra little ones along the way.  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.