• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bought a camper

ozzie

So with the virus and uncertainty of the world, my family decided to purchase a travel trailer to be able to go north this summer.  We bought a 2020 Salem FSX 179DBK.  Nice unit and checks our needs.  We are parking at my inlaws so we don't "infect" their home yet can go north and hang out with them.  The first night sleeping in the trailer was horrible!!!  We have a murphy queen bed and first order of business will be to replace the mattress.  Anyone have recommendations?   Also any tips to a newbie would be appreciated. 

Most of the time camper mattresses are a bit shorter but the width is the same as a house mattress. You'll have to determine if it is a regular sized mattress or a camper sized one before replacing if that's the route you go. 

We have had good luck with mattress toppers that we have purchased. Not sure what brands or where my wife purchased them but they make a camper bed much more comfy.

Thanks for all the information!!  I am now debating myself (at least I should win!) on if I should go with regular mattress, and if we can't fold up the murphy bed oh well, or if I should get a hinged mattress so to use the function of the couch with the bed folded up.  I am leaning at a regular mattress, as I think with the hinged mattress, one would still "fall" into the hinged section making for an uncomfortable sleep.  I like the idea of a mattress topper but I wonder if I will still fall into the hinged void. 

update:  we used air pads on the current mattress this weekend and slept a lot better and now our new mattress arrived so we get to test that out this weekend!  So far we are getting used to camper life on the weekends and will take some adjusting.  I had to return the camper for maintenance as we have found a few issues that were needing to be resolved.  So far the sales place (Roth RV) has been wonderful to work with!!