• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New pup

rundrave

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Nice looking pup. 

You should have got a field bred springer. ?

Ha I love me some springers! I have enjoyed hunting over some really nice ones. Its just not my style, but they are great dogs don't get me wrong.

Back in the late 90's some guys from MN would come to SD and hunt pheasants every year with us. One year one of those guys borrowed a really nice springer and brought it out. That thing was a ball of fire and a bird finding machine. Was a super fun little dog to hunt over.

Nothing will ever replace my GSP's though :)

Sorry to hear about your loss! It is crazy how much they grow on us and isn't easy to make decisions like this. I am in the same boat w/ my 12 yr old GSP... Thinking that it will be time to be looking for a pup in the fall so that I can run the two together. Great looking pup!

3 hours ago, rl_sd said:

Thinking that it will be time to be looking for a pup in the fall so that I can run the two together

That was the intention I had also. The dog I just put down was 12 and I could have hunted him tomorrow. He never slowed down physically, didn't have any arthritis etc. No signs of slowing down and then just out of the blue he had some health issues show up. 

I made the mistake of not staggering my last 2 far enough apart. I ran 2 GSP's for many years and then went down to one this last couple of years. I really wish I had 2 again but I know I need to spread them out further this time.