• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

There's nothing here yet

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• My peppers are being weird this year as well. All from seed, and everyday another one seems one starts to droop. Around  20 percent of the crop was put out fairly early and look great, not too much problem with the main crop, but the ones planted since about the first week in June are having a rough time establishing. Glad others are having problems 😉
    • More grilled pork steaks with green bombs and fried taters.
    • In one word....disappointing. The other plants are starting to take off, but the jalapenos are super weak. Don't know why, they are the only non garden center plants I picked up, got a couple 4 packs at Cub. But I wasn't about to spend garden center prices on 8 jalapenos.....maybe lessoned learned? I'll keep you folks updated through the summer.  
    • My jalapeño plants are about a foot tall. With last weeks heat the habanero plants finally took off. Serrano peppers have been the ones that look the best out of the three. Bought a battery powered timer to hook up to my spigot while at the cabin. 2 spouts, one for soaker on tomatoes and 1 to my sprinkler. Garden looked awesome when I got home. Well worth the $30 bucks. 
    • dam deer are destroying my sweetcorn. Im guessing its so dry they are just looking for moisture by biting the center whirl out.  They either bite it off or pull the whole dam plant out trying.  Sprayed some stinky repellant on it last night hope it works.
    • I saw hummingbirds in Bemidji a week ago.  Tried getting a pic of one at rest on a spruce tree top but the “at rest” didn’t last long enough!
    • Mine are starting to grow finally. Ive been picking the little peppers off hoping to get the plant to grow more.
    • Yah, a youngin’ I think
    • Duff, how are your jalepeno peppers doing??? Mine just don't seem to want to grow!!🤔
    • 14 lbs of brisket. 10 people and this was all that was left. Charcoal with apple wood on top of the coals. It’s now been added to next years cabin menu. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.