• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2020 HSO/FM.Com Member Turkey Quest including Scores

Borch

Prizes Noted in Comment(s) Below.

The main purpose of this Contest is for the members to have some fun sharing their success and stories with a little friendly competition thrown in. Let's have some fun!

2020 HSO/FM.com Member Turkey Quest Sign Up

1. All birds submitted must have been harvested within the Rules and regulations of the state that they are hunted in.

2. This years contest will be an individual event.

3. Submitting birds for scoring. There will be a submission form posted for use by the start of the Contest.

You will need to get a witness for the measurements of spur, beard and weight. Both you and the witness will need to sign the form verifying the measurement as being correct. All measurements will need to be in standard measurement,(Inches/pounds).

In addition to the submission form members will need to post three photos,(there will be a submission thread for this). If you need help posting pics let me or other members know. One a close up of the spurs with a ruler/tape measure showing length,(you may need two pics if the spurs are different lengths). Also a second photo with a close up of the beard doing the same. The last picture should be of you,(the happy hunter with your face mask pull down) holding up your beautiful bird. We want to see the whole bird as well as what you look like. Be creative and have fun with it.  Also post your completed form with your photos.  You can scan the completed form or simply take a photo of it

4. Scoring of the bird will be based on the NWTF scoring system. Each member will be able to score one bird(the first bird taken for your season even if you are allowed more than one) for the Contest.   The highest scoring bird will be the winner of the contest.

Also in addition to the highest scoring bird competition we'll have a photo competition for all of those who are signed up for the contest.  The photo can be of you with your trophy or simply a cool pic of something you see s part of your hunt. Throughout the contest a single photo per contestant can be submitted to the photo contest.  There will be a poll where members can vote on the best/favorite photo. 

5. The Contest will run from April 1, 2020 until June 1, 2020. The big Bird winner will be announced after that time.  The photo contest winner within a week afterwards.

Prizes will be posted by the beginning of the contest.

The 2020 HSO/FM.com Forum Members Turkey Quest is a Contest created and operated independently by HSO/FM.com forum members and is not officially sanctioned or managed by the site itself.

Let's have even more fun this year!!!

Edited by Borch

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I am donating a Legends of the Outdoors

Hall of Fame Boxcall. 

JOIN IN AND HAVE FUN.

Screenshot_20200307-133344_Chrome.jpg

Sign-up by April 1st. It's free and it's all about YOUR turkey hunt. 

Let's have a little fun Turkey hunting and sharing results here nationwide!!!

This is a nice box call.

PSX_20200325_135704.jpg

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Just signed up - why not, eh?  I don’t have big or old birds around my place but it’ll still be fun!  The last time I joined this contest we were on big, old birds in southern MN.  It’ll be an interesting season.

You never know when a monster tom will come by.

Might have a quadruple bearded stud with 2" spurs.  You just never know.   Also remember the photo portion of the contest.   Just needs to be a cool picture of your hunt or your trophy.  So be thinking creatively. 

Edited by Borch

3 hours ago, Wallydog said:

Be nice to get more participation this year!

We had 14 when I checked yesterday. This is the last day for sign up.

Let your friends know.

Scores

Members signed up for contest.

DonBo  = 50.5
IceHawk
Monstermoose78
DrJ
ANYFISH2
rkhinrichs
Hugonian1
Morgan
Ryan
Scoot = 61.5
Archerysniper 
featherslayer 1
Wanderer
Wally Dog = 53.125

Edited by Borch

I was walking between my shed and house today and heard a hen yelping and a Tom gobble, if that counts for scouting. ?‍♂️

Like I posted before, I have my blind and decoy strategies scouted.  I predict if I get a bird with my bow, it’ll be around a 20 lb bird with 3/4 inch spurs and a 9 1/2 inch beard.

Unless a Jake gets too close! ?

Edit: like @Borch and @monstermoose78 said, you never know when a big boy might show up?  The neighbor just showed me pics of 2 big boys that showed up for the first time on Saturday and started pushing the 2 year olds around. ?

Edited by Wanderer

I received texts of 2 birds that were taken this morning before I got done with my first meeting. ?

Just got back from a drive over to a farm I might get to hunt.  Dem birds was out all over!  Saw some big flocks including.one on the farm.  I mostly remember the big red headed monster in a logged off area I passed on the way back.  Huge bird!  But I doubt I could hunt there.