• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2020 HSO/FM.Com Member Turkey Quest including Scores

Borch

Sadly I'm getting pushed out of my best metro spots - BUT - Archerysniper and I are leaving for the Black Hills on Friday. We both had such a good time last year that we are really looking fwd to going again.  After we get back I've still got three tags for two different seasons in Wisconsin.  Fingers crossed for a great season yet to come, good luck one and all.

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

WTG Sniper! I may have seen a pic. :)   Congrats to you guys on a fun trip!

? we had a great hunt and I

have a new favorite experience calling a bird in for a friend. All I could see was Don being a turkey ninja while I was calling. It was something you would dream of being a turkey hunter. 

Scores

Members signed up for contest.

DonBo  = 50.5
IceHawk
Monstermoose78
DrJ
ANYFISH2
rkhinrichs
Hugonian1
Morgan
Ryan
Scoot = 61.5
Archerysniper  61.25
featherslayer 1
Wanderer = 63.21
Wally Dog = 53.125

Edited by Borch

C season didn’t go so well for me.  Big change in the weather and bird behavior in my area and the only toms I saw were roosted by the time I did see them!  I’m hoping to make some time still during the Hail Mary season.

Thanks for posting the score tracker.

12 hours ago, Wanderer said:

C season didn’t go so well for me.  Big change in the weather and bird behavior in my area and the only toms I saw were roosted by the time I did see them!  I’m hoping to make some time still during the Hail Mary season.

Thanks for posting the score tracker.

Good luck! I bet the toms will be more cooperative late season. 

On 5/15/2020 at 6:14 PM, Borch said:

Good luck! I bet the toms will be more cooperative late season. 

When I started hunting the later seasons down south I had more consistent success.  Seems like it wasn’t a bad play this year after a disappointing C season.  I pretty much knew the night before all I had to do to get that bird was get up early enough.  He was gobbling like crazy from his roost the night before.  Lonely and jacked up!

Yes - absolutely thank you to Borch for running this again!

And thanks to everyone who entered!  Having the contest and getting some encouragement helped me get more back in tune to the spring turkey season than I have been lately.  And learn the lesson (again) to not under estimate what’s available and what can happen for anyone.

Edited by Wanderer