• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

syncing the phone on a 14 F150

All of a sudden my phone quit syncing in the 2014 F150.  I tried to reconnect this afternoon and the truck told me that it doesn't work any more and that I should go to the Ford website.  I did that and it was not at all helpful.  Folks here seem to be able to cut through the BS.

What's the way to get it to work again?

Thanks for your time.

Tom

You mean it won't connect over Bluetooth?   If so, you might try going to the bluetooth pairing menu on the truck and deleting your device from the list of paired devices.      Then, just to be safe, reboot your phone.   Then redo the pairing process.    

I've done it before.  Get the phone set up to sync and then work through it on the truck.  This time Momma Ford told me that syncing was no longer available and to go to the Ford website.  That didn't help me.

Had this happen to me after doing an update on my iPhone. Contacted Apple and they “opened a complaint file” . Talked directly to a tech who directed me to contact GM to have a flash done on my vehicle computer. After doing some internet research it seemed to be a common issue after doing the update, and most said the reflash didn’t solve the issue. Finally got it connected but lost several features I had before. I have a new iPhone now and it works fine again. 

OK, out of curiosity I did a search... What should appear but 

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-services-discontinued-faqs.html

So, sounds like you are out of luck from what I read.    

Discussion Starter • #1 • Jun 15, 2017

Received this yesterday from FORD:
We want to let you know about this important change to your account.

Ford has made the important decision to start phasing out SYNC® Services. Starting July 1st, 2017, the ability to purchase or renew a paid SYNC Services subscription will no longer be available. However, those with an active or complimentary subscription will still be able to use all the features of SYNC Services until their subscription expires or August 1st, 2018, whichever comes first. Regardless of subscription status, SYNC Services will no longer be available starting August 1st, 2018.

We'd like to thank you for being a part of the SYNC Services experience that we've brought to Ford customers over the years. Although SYNC Services is being phased out, owners can still take advantage of the many features available through SYNC, such as AppLink® for SYNC and SYNC 3, and other services offered by SiriusXM® Traffic and Travel Link®. If you aren't already aware of these features, click here to see what options are available for your specific vehicle.

For additional updates and to manage your subscription, please visit the SYNC Services page on the Owner website.

We appreciate you being a member of the Ford family and look forward to continuing to improve your experience!

I have a 13 Ford and was having some strange connection issues to my phone and also to the USB stick I have music on. I created an account on the ford website and entered my vehicle info including the VIN. Turns out there was a software update for the sync in my pickup. Downloaded the update and installed as the instructions stated and everything worked fine again. That was a couple years ago now. 

If there is is no update for yours the only thing I would recommend would be to remove your pickup from your Bluetooth list on your phone and remove your phone from the devices in the pickup and try the pairing process again. 

Hi tom,

From what I'm reading it sounds like your phone is no longer making a bluetooth conection so you can make phone calls or stream music through SYNC?

If that's the case, there may be a software update you can try through the Ford website if your dealership didnt already do that for you. Go to Ford.com scroll down to the bottom of the page till you see the Owner heading and click on Sync Software Updates. 

If your phone and SYNC are at the latest software level there is a possibility that they are no longer compatible with each other. Sometimes a software update to your phone is enough to prevent the system from working properly through a bluetooth conection. This would be suspected if you can get other phones paired through bluetooth and the system works short of your phone.

You can also try performing a master reset of your trucks SYNC system and deleting your truck from your phones bluetooth menus and attempting to repair them and see if that works like huntnfish said.

Sync services was the option of the gen1 system to do navigation through turn by turn direction when your vehicle did not have navigation. This system called ford with your phone and downloaded the navigation prompts to SYNC? It was a clunky system in my personal opinion. This hasn't been operational for some time if I recall? I dont think this is the O.P. concern.

2014 F150 didnt come with T.C.U.s (also called a modem) and the ability to use Ford Pass to remote start the trucks and what not. It looks like F150 didnt get TCUs till 2017. The older 2G tcus should have been updated by Ford if I recall corectly.

I know this is a late post. I'm sorry. I dont come here that often anymore as this sub form doesnt get much traffic. Just wanted to make sure my Ford family is taken care of.

If you questions you can also call Ford customer relations for help with pairing and doing the master reset. They have an in vehicle technology team to help with that stuff. 1-800-392-3673.