• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cracked Ducer cable repair.

leech~~

Wanted to share this tip.

My Vex transducer cable developed a crack in the cable right at the head from doing a lot of hole hopping when you just pick up the unit and go from hole to hole with it hanging and swinging. 

I had the same crack happen in 2 of my Aqua view cam cables where water then seeped in down the cable and into the cam head shorting it out. ☹️

I bought this Aquaseal wader repair adhesive to try. I cleaned the ducer head and cable really well with alcohol then kept putting small layers from the ducer head up about 5" inches up the cable to build up a nice seal.  I've worked with a lot of adhesives in my job over the years and was a bit skeptical that it would bond and just peel off or re crack? It's been on there now for about 3 years and is working out great.  Bonded very well to the plastic head and rubber cable, flexible and has not re cracked.  Pretty darn happy to have spent $7 bucks instead of having to buy a whole new transducer cable. ?

You can see in the picture how much bending it can take, and it real straighten that area.  This should work on any cable like this that has to go in the water.  The next new unit I buy I may just add it right away and not wait for a crack!  Hope it helps someone save some cash! ?

Cabala's

Gear Aid Aquaseal® Wader Repair Adhesive

Regular Price: 

$6.99

image.png.b20a08f505a2b3f07b1e17345853ff82.png

IMG_0486.JPG