• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring plans?

DonBo

What's everyone's plans for this spring?

I'll be hunting (probably archery) near home when I can here in the metro area of Minnesota.

Planning on a serious 5 day hunt in Wisconsin, season D.  Hopefully we'll have at least a couple extra tags.

Just now getting my application in for So Dakota again, hope we draw.

Doing the Women in the Outdoors mentored archery hunt again mid May.  This has turned into my favorite hunt, and I can't even carry a weapon.

Someday I hope to be retired and be able to put a couple other states on that list.

68565362_10212713160898077_955330919974043648_o.jpg

Edited by DonBo

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I'll be judging a field trial in NC, then attending the HSO gathering on Feb 29th. Judging a field trial in Kansas, running in a couple field trials, then judging a ft in Utah.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators
23 minutes ago, DonBo said:

Rick, do you know a Dave Rowan from Northern California?  He's my cousins husband and travels all over the country judging these same kind of trials.

I don't.  Might not be judging field bred English Springer Spaniels.

I am hoping to get my 9 year old daughter out again this year around home. Last year we went out and unfortunately her dad was dumb and setup in the wrong spot. I got a Tom to come to the spot I had initially picked out and decided against after some second guessing. We were able to get a hen to come in and hang around for about 5 minutes. 

Going to start out in NE archery only for a week or so. Just put in an order for some more arrows and need to pick up some more rocket heads. SD is still an option for April sometime if I can make it work out.

MN in April and then I head over to our WI hunt in May season E. I have checked in with our land owners and all is good so far this winter and hunting this spring.

Going to be another great spring.

MFDC2274.JPG

I'm just hoping to get out. The land I hunted in my old stomping grounds is either being hunted by the owners grand kids and the other piece is in the middle of a family dispute, of which I'm staying as far away as possible. Now that I've moved north of the metro, I'm searching for areas. The areas I hunted the last 2 years see a lot of hunter traffic or there's been a few birds taken off a 40 acre parcel so that's going to get a break this spring.

Maybe the local hens will coax a long beard onto my 2 1/2 acre piece. ?

Edited by Dave S

I got an archery tag and plan to hunt season A and C at the farm.  I might try some hunts around hwy 53 and 33 area to try and find some northern birds.  Might go to Wisconsin for a late season hunt. Either way I’m ready to hit the woods. We will see how things play out though 

Edited by rkhinrichs

49 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

that is it!! had to look it up!!!  if I see it again I'm going to try for a picture...  thank you kind sir!!!!!!

No problem!  I’ve never seen a live wild one myself, just a couple mounts.