• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

DonBo

Spring plans?

What's everyone's plans for this spring?

I'll be hunting (probably archery) near home when I can here in the metro area of Minnesota.

Planning on a serious 5 day hunt in Wisconsin, season D.  Hopefully we'll have at least a couple extra tags.

Just now getting my application in for So Dakota again, hope we draw.

Doing the Women in the Outdoors mentored archery hunt again mid May.  This has turned into my favorite hunt, and I can't even carry a weapon.

Someday I hope to be retired and be able to put a couple other states on that list.

68565362_10212713160898077_955330919974043648_o.jpg

Edited by DonBo

I'll be judging a field trial in NC, then attending the HSO gathering on Feb 29th. Judging a field trial in Kansas, running in a couple field trials, then judging a ft in Utah.

Rick, do you know a Dave Rowan from Northern California?  He's my cousins husband and travels all over the country judging these same kind of trials.

23 minutes ago, DonBo said:

Rick, do you know a Dave Rowan from Northern California?  He's my cousins husband and travels all over the country judging these same kind of trials.

I don't.  Might not be judging field bred English Springer Spaniels.

You're right.  Labs I think.  Didn't realize there were different trials for different breeds.

I am hoping to get my 9 year old daughter out again this year around home. Last year we went out and unfortunately her dad was dumb and setup in the wrong spot. I got a Tom to come to the spot I had initially picked out and decided against after some second guessing. We were able to get a hen to come in and hang around for about 5 minutes. 

I will be helping which ever of my buddies draws in North Dakota and then hunting with my kids and friends and family around my home. All archery for us. Should be fun!   I hope I can get my son out a little bit more this year than last.

Going to start out in NE archery only for a week or so. Just put in an order for some more arrows and need to pick up some more rocket heads. SD is still an option for April sometime if I can make it work out.

MN in April and then I head over to our WI hunt in May season E. I have checked in with our land owners and all is good so far this winter and hunting this spring.

Going to be another great spring.

MFDC2274.JPG

I was drawn for the c season in Wisconsin.  I am also going to try archery turkey in mn. I hope the extra days of archery will add to the experience.  I know my success maybe lower but I am ok with that.

I'm just hoping to get out. The land I hunted in my old stomping grounds is either being hunted by the owners grand kids and the other piece is in the middle of a family dispute, of which I'm staying as far away as possible. Now that I've moved north of the metro, I'm searching for areas. The areas I hunted the last 2 years see a lot of hunter traffic or there's been a few birds taken off a 40 acre parcel so that's going to get a break this spring.

Maybe the local hens will coax a long beard onto my 2 1/2 acre piece. 😀

Edited by Dave S

I was drawn with Donbo again for Sd so we should have a blast again. I was looking forward to the Mn archery hunt as always but do to a injury that's not going to happen unless I get a crossbow permit. 

Planning two longer hunts.  Black Hills of SD for one.  Second hunt should be 2 days in SE MN and 2 days in Wisconsin.  Split my time between a few areas in that region.  

Down by Freeburg on opening morning again. Great time of the year. Good Luck to All.

Posted (edited)

I got an archery tag and plan to hunt season A and C at the farm.  I might try some hunts around hwy 53 and 33 area to try and find some northern birds.  Might go to Wisconsin for a late season hunt. Either way I’m ready to hit the woods. We will see how things play out though 

Edited by rkhinrichs

Hoping to hunt season "C" around home as long as I can.

I will just be archery hunting my home property in the north metro.

Birds just finally started showing up this week.

They were a good 3 weeks later than usual.

just seen 3 turkeys, but one was different from the other 2...  where the feathers should be brown they were more white...  maybe a partial albino..  interesting for sure...  should have stopped and tried for a picture...

that is it!! had to look it up!!!  if I see it again I'm going to try for a picture...  thank you kind sir!!!!!!

Posted (edited)

Love those grey phase turkeys!  Have seen a hen the past few years like that on one of our properties.  Would love to get a Tom that color.

Edited by Borch

49 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

that is it!! had to look it up!!!  if I see it again I'm going to try for a picture...  thank you kind sir!!!!!!

No problem!  I’ve never seen a live wild one myself, just a couple mounts.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.