• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pumpkins in crappy soil

snagfinder

I have a nice sunny spot in my back yard that wont seem to grow anything. There used to big a big black walnut tree close by and ive heard a lot of things don't like to grow in there water shed. My question would be if I dig holes and cut out bottom off five gallon buckets, bury them and fill with potting soil would that be enough good dirt to grow a decent pumpkin plant.

1 hour ago, snagfinder said:

Ive tried to plant watermelons, tomatoes, zucchini and now just trying to grow grass.(not working so well) When my parents lived there dad said he couldn't grow schit there either.

Scorched earth from Alien landings?

My good pumpkin growing patch just gets to damn wet the last couple years.Three years ago 5 plants gave almost  a truck load of big pumpkins. Last year I must have planted 25-30 plants and only got like 6 pumpkins.  It was always muddy it seemed. That's why I wanna  try to get   them to grow in the crappy spot.