• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need Advice on WM Summerlite

Tristan Fisher

Hey folks,

I'm looking for a 3-season bag for Colorado Rockies. The WM Summerlite (32 degree) would probably be a perfect choice  for me. It's light, at 19 oz, and obviously excellent quality. I like fully hooded sleeping bags. Just every single review website on the web PRAISING it. But it it costs about 380$...

Any other bags, similar in cold rating and weight, that would be less expensive? It's not neccessarilly be hooded or goose down, dri-down or even synthetic will do...I guess...

I know the rule - "You get what you pay for"

But I really believe it is possible to find smth close to WM Summerlite?

Thanks

Edited by Tristan Fisher

Welcome to the forum.

There is a ton of bags on-line.  The quality is never really known until you get it, but how many trips are you going to make?  I would always go warmer then you think. You can always unzip it but if its not warm enough you could be dead by morning if a storm or cold snap happend! ?

0 Degree Winter Sleeping Bag for Camping (350GSM) - Temp Range (5F–32F) Portable Waterproof with Compression Sack- camping sleeping bags for Big and Tall in Env Hoodie: for Backpacking Hiking 4 Season

by Rioyalo

3.9 out of 5 stars 72 ratings

| 22 answered questions

Price:$39.99 & FREE Shipping.

image.thumb.png.a7824c93db5c8a4b03c7beba9c99f8b3.png

Edited by leech~~

A well made high quality light down bag by a reputable known manufacturer will be pretty expensive.   I would buy at a retailer if one is around so you could actually get in the bag.  I found that some mummy bags are just too narrow for me across the shoulders and chest.   

I use a Sierra Designs bag.   I find down more comfortable and to have a wider temperature range.    I think model is "rip van wrinkle" but looks like they don't make that one any more.

I too would go warmer, I would choose like a 20 degree bag, unless you know you sleep warm.   Not being warm at night can ruin a trip.   

On 1/11/2020 at 9:21 AM, leech~~ said:

Welcome to the forum.

There is a ton of bags on-line.  The quality is never really known until you get it, but how many trips are you going to make?  I would always go warmer then you think. You can always unzip it but if its not warm enough you could be dead by morning if a storm or cold snap happend! ?

0 Degree Winter Sleeping Bag for Camping (350GSM) - Temp Range (5F–32F) Portable Waterproof with Compression Sack- camping sleeping bags for Big and Tall in Env Hoodie: for Backpacking Hiking 4 Season

by Rioyalo

3.9 out of 5 stars 72 ratings

| 22 answered questions

Price:$39.99 & FREE Shipping.

image.thumb.png.a7824c93db5c8a4b03c7beba9c99f8b3.png

Thank you Steve, but I guess this Rioyalo sleeping bag is a very very budget option...

People claiming on false advertised features. Temperature rating shows 5-35 Celcius not Fahrenheit, which means 41-89°F.
And I will not be camping in temps higher than 20-30* F. In the Colorado Rockies (say, above 9000 feet), you can expect frosty nights at any time. I would not venture out, even in midsummer, with less than a 20-32*F bag.

And for the price, it certainly cannot be goose or duck down filled, that is going to be really cold in the mountains. 

I am not so low on a budget :D
And considered on purchasing smth from AEGISMAX or Kelty with the same fill power. 

And Teton Sports sleeping bag would be much intriguing alternative for a budget sleeping bag that this Rioyalo. Teton Sports is also US manufacturer, and the second is Chinese I suppose...