• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lithium batteries...

rl_sd

The old man needs new batteries for his vex.... naturally I am stuck with ordering. What is everyone’s thoughts on lithium’s? I know that Dakota Lithium has had their product out for quite a few years now. Who’s using them? Are they worth the extra $$ or am I better off betting him a replacement  9ah sla?

I am on year 3 with the Dakota lithium in my lx9.  I don't regret spending the extra $ for it at all.  I now get all the runtime I need, charging is much faster and it is light as well!   My main reason for going to it was for when we would be out in house for multiple days.  Before, I wouldn't be able to run camera all day without getting low on power.  With the lithium I can go 2 days without having to plug it in.  

1 hour ago, rl_sd said:

The old man needs new batteries for his vex.... naturally I am stuck with ordering. What is everyone’s thoughts on lithium’s? I know that Dakota Lithium has had their product out for quite a few years now. Who’s using them? Are they worth the extra $$ or am I better off betting him a replacement  9ah sla?

I think there was a whole thread on these over on the FM side. 

56 minutes ago, DougSD said:

I am on year 3 with the Dakota lithium in my lx9.  I don't regret spending the extra $ for it at all.  I now get all the runtime I need, charging is much faster and it is light as well!   My main reason for going to it was for when we would be out in house for multiple days.  Before, I wouldn't be able to run camera all day without getting low on power.  With the lithium I can go 2 days without having to plug it in.  

Thanks Doug. Did you buy the special charger or do you use your sla charger?

8 hours ago, leech~~ said:

FM Forums

Dakota Lithium 1 2 3 4

By eyeguy 54, October 31, 2019

https://fishingminnesota.com/forums/topic/213038-dakota-lithium/#comments

10 hours ago, rl_sd said:

Did you buy the special charger or do you use your sla charger?

From the Dakota Lithium website:

All 12 volt Dakota Lithium batteries should be charged using a LiFePO4 compatible charger. SLA chargers will reduce the performance and lifespan of the battery

That doesn't mean you have to buy the one on their site, The chargers that came with vex and marcum units to charge SLA (sealed lead acid)  battery will charge the lithium batteries but not charge them correctly.