• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area' in the outdoors.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Thedougfather

Ice 55 not shutting off or going off simulator mode

My hummingbird ice 55 wont get off simulator mode nor power off when in off position had it for 3 years always reads 12 foot depth no matter the depth when 1st bought thought it was correct as my helix would say 11.5 or 12 foot as i usually fished the same spot everytime now out trying new areas it reads 12 foot even in 6 foot when testing at home learned simulator wont shut off nor device

Welcome to the forum.  It sounds like you have a real issue there that may best be handled by the MFG looking at it since it sounds like you have a few things going wrong in depth reading and powering off.  I would send it into them to look at.  Good Luck!

Mine doesn't always power off in the off position.  If I pull the battery terminal and reconnect it it stays shut off.  Similar complaints on the net.  Bird wants a fortune to fix anything on those units.

I'm not sure about the depth reading issue.  That's weird.  I am also not familiar with any sort of demo mode on those things.  

Thanks for the replies I'm hoping to find someone who had the simulator mode problem and what they did to fix it but any help is always appreciated 

Sorry, I had a Hummingbird ice 55 for one season and didn't have any of those issues. I got rid of it because it sucked up power like koolaid! As far as the simulator, 12feet is the default they all go to during that setting for the demo show.  

3 hours ago, Thedougfather said:

Thanks for the replies I'm hoping to find someone who had the simulator mode problem and what they did to fix it but any help is always appreciated 

I checked the manual and simulation mode is turned on when you push in the knob when turning it to the on position.

Could the knob be stuck in the pushed down position?  Take it off and clean it.

I wouldn't be surprised if you have a different of version of the same switch issue that I have and have read about on the internet.  Mine won't shut off.  Yours won't shut off or get out of demo mode.  I read the only fix is to send it in.  They have flat rate repair, cost depends on model.  For whatever reason ice X5 units are among the most costly.  Something like a buck seventy five if remember correctly. 

Fortunately, for now, mine works.  I just have to pull the battery terminal to shut it off.  It shows zero depth and a red line at the top.  You can hear it spinning inside though.

On 1/5/2020 at 5:48 PM, bobbymalone said:

I checked the manual and simulation mode is turned on when you push in the knob when turning it to the on position.

Could the knob be stuck in the pushed down position?  Take it off and clean it.

I wouldn't be surprised if you have a different of version of the same switch issue that I have and have read about on the internet.  Mine won't shut off.  Yours won't shut off or get out of demo mode.  I read the only fix is to send it in.  They have flat rate repair, cost depends on model.  For whatever reason ice X5 units are among the most costly.  Something like a buck seventy five if remember correctly. 

Fortunately, for now, mine works.  I just have to pull the battery terminal to shut it off.  It shows zero depth and a red line at the top.  You can hear it spinning inside though.

Thanks, I read that also but the button seems to be fine but I'll take a closer look to see maybe cabellas sold me a returned item as it's been like that since day one but it being close to my other one i thought it was all good.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.