• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GRRRRRRR

rl_sd

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

yeppers….that's close!!!!!!!?

that musta been you I seen on geigers webcam!!!!!!! on snowmobiles!!!?

Really, Duff on a motorized toboggan? ☺️

What is this Snow bunny cam in which you speak? Link 

4 minutes ago, BunchOfish said:

I got my wheel house out in west central MN the other day.  10-12" of ice and zero slush with a very light covering of snow.

20191231_130453.jpg

Maybe I have to get off the fence and get out there! Seemed like all the reports have been slush and thin spotty ice so far! ?

I had plans to head up to the Bemidji area with a buddy and our oldest kids last weekend but we opted to cancel with the nasty forecast.  Had it just been the 2 of us guys maybe we'd have been dumb enough to give it a shot but not with our two 6 year old kids going on their first overnight fishing trip.  Glad we didn't make the trek.  Given how much ice we had in the metro Saturday morning when we planned to leave I doubt we'd have made it very far anyways. 

We did head out to a north metro lake on Wednesday and had 5-6 inches of good ice with another inch or 2 of bad ice on top.  Almost no snow cover on the lake made for a slick walk out which wasn't easy for my 3 year old son but we made a good afternoon out of it chasing flags.  Probably head out again this Sunday to another lake near the house.  

37 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Any reports on the ice conditions in the Starbuck and Osaka’s area?  My dad and a group of friends are planning on their yearly spearing trip up there later this week if the ice is safe. 

I trust you mean Osakis..  they should be good to go, just go with caution!!!