• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GRRRRRRR

rl_sd

26 minutes ago, Duffman said:

Fished a central Itasca County lake on Friday, 10" of ice and pockets of substantial slush.

Not fun dragging my shack the 200 yards to fishable water.

And this was before yesterday's snow. Ugly conditions.

Lakes looked sparse for action on the drive up and back to the cities.

Ok central Itasca is my home away from home, any hints??! Near deer river??

3 hours ago, rl_sd said:

Well, for the second year in a row it looks like I won’t be getting the wheel houses out. Sounds like eastern S.D. is pretty much screwed. How things looking elsewhere in MN?

Not good so far.  LOW has seen the least amount of issues from what I’ve heard.

18 minutes ago, Fishwidow1 said:

Smurfy, I’m southeast if you, 20 miles north of Grand Rapids  12” of fresh wet snow with the lake showing lots of slush. Not good. 

Ugh.  20 miles north of rapids depending on direction should put you about by Marcel. We are not far from bowstring or Jessie lake.

Brainerd area is screwed. Neither the portable or the wheel house has been out this year. I have a bout 4 inches of crud in my driveway that is so slushy that the snowblower wouldn’t even touch it.grrrrrrr!

People were told to get off the lake Saturday or plan to stay till Tuesday is what I heard.  Drifted in bad.  Operators got to their House clients first, then to their road users when they could.

Edited by Wanderer

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators
37 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

Anyone hearing anything up on red?

@kelly-p posted something like: it was bad up there. They told folks to leave the lake before it got bad. Some did not listen and now may be stuck on the lake with drifts surrounding them and water coming up for hours if not days. Folks can't even get out of their driveways yet.

17 hours ago, smurfy said:

Ugh.  20 miles north of rapids depending on direction should put you about by Marcel. We are not far from bowstring or Jessie lake.

Smurfy, our place is almost exactly 40 miles NW of GR, goin down 46. We stay off 6 & 35 as much as we can this time of year & in this kind of weather. Must be around 18 miles to Marcel for us, 14 east & about 4 north. 

Edited by gunner55

5 hours ago, Rick said:

@kelly-p posted something like: it was bad up there. They told folks to leave the lake before it got bad. Some did not listen and now may be stuck on the lake with drifts surrounding them and water coming up for hours if not days. Folks can't even get out of their driveways yet.

I bet the resort guys are cringing a bit on having to take out their plow trucks too

40 minutes ago, Duffman said:

Just a few miles south of ya Smurfy.

Had a burger at Riley's on Thursday.

yeppers….that's close!!!!!!!?

that musta been you I seen on geigers webcam!!!!!!! on snowmobiles!!!?

Edited by smurfy