• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best electric auger.

PurpleFloyd

13 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Those look nice. Any idea whose augers they were building before?

Just going off first impressions I’d put my money on Eskimo/Ion flighting and Lazer blades.  More sure about the blades than the flighting though.  Lazer. Razr.

1 hour ago, Duffman said:

Nils/Milwaukee combo here. For how I fish these days,  it is all I will ever need.

Did get an extension for it, more for hand augering on late season Bdub trips. Shout out to Marine General, usually by the time I think about it, nobody has any. But now I'm rethinking this years trip, we will target Brookies instead. So I am gonna pick up a 6 inch Nils.

So having both a 6" and 8" auger with the drill should be sweet. And the nice thing, should your power fail, your trip isn't ruined. Attach the handle and hand auger.

Duff, what do you think about letting Elc drill augers into the Bdub?  There not noisy and they don't pollute so not sure why there would be an issue with it.  It sure would help get through the late season ice better. We're not all Amish!  ?

21 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Duff, what do you think about letting Elc drill augers into the Bdub?  There not noisy and they don't pollute so not sure why there would be an issue with it.  

I'd love that option.

But the same could be said for trolling motors.

Personally I'd rather hear the faint sound of the drill for a few seconds than somebody taking forever with a dull hand auger.

Not a whole lot of hole hopping up there, make the spots count.

2 minutes ago, Duffman said:

I'd love that option.

Personally I'd rather hear the faint sound of the drill for a few seconds than somebody taking forever with a dull hand auger.

They should let electric trolling motors in there. For the old dudes

56 minutes ago, Duffman said:

I'd love that option.

When I was typing that I thought about the trolling motor discussions that have happened in the past.  Just the shear weight of portaging a full size battery in would keep a lot of old guys from doing it anyway! May be not the crazy young guys who feel the need to try and haul in a big cooler of beer though? ?

Edited by leech~~

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

When I was typing that I thought about the trolling motor discussions that have happened in the past.  Just the shear weight of portaging a full size battery in would keep a lot of old guys from doing it anyway! May be not the crazy young guys who feel the need to try and haul in a big cooler of beer though? ?

Lithium baby! ?

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

True, and a plastic bottle of Jagermeister is a lot lighter then a cooler of beer!  ?

Cans and glass bottles may be prohibited, but I once seen guys carrying kegs using a stretcher across a portage.

Where there's a will for beer, there's a way. :)

Edited by Duffman

Posted on the other side on a hand auger post but fits here as well.

Years ago I was spearing on a little lake that you can't even get on anymore because it's all private now. 

This older farmer that lived on the lake came out with a little sled that had his fishing gear and a car battery on it.

He had made an Ice auger out of a old scoop auger end and a starting motor! That thing was scary as heck but drilled holes like a bat out of helll and I was amazed he could hold on to it on bare ice! When he pulled it out I told my son, watch this guy fall on his face and he never did. ?

Back in the day before plastic liquor bottles we brought in whiskey and tequila in any plastic container we could find. Last night of the trip we were sitting around a nice fire doing some heavy drinking and one guy pretends to take a sip out of a plastic container that had cooking oil in it. He then hands it to a very drunk member of the crew who immediately guzzles it down. We head home the next day and the guy who drank the oil says, no more drinking water straight out of the lake for me I think I have giardia! Laughed so hard I wet my pants!

Also the wine boxes were great because once you were done with them you could take the inside out blow into the nozzle and make it into a pillow.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators
2 hours ago, billfish3r said:

I prefer the ION Eskimo Standard Series electric auger

Welcome to HSO. Nice seeing you here.

Why do you prefer that auger?