• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy E6 electric auger

Wanderer

Got my hands on the new Jiffy E6 Lightning this season.  Man, they are built!  Big 6 Ah battery, solid controls, quick disconnect, LED light and USB charger built into the power head, ripper blade instead of shavers and a simple but ingenious blade cover design.  I’m pretty impressed.  

I made the switch from my Ion for the blades mostly, the centering point secondly and then went to a 9 inch bit for the wheel house as long as I was changing.  The sheer heavy duty build qualities of everything else were all added bonuses.  Of course there’s added weight to go along with that but it won’t matter at all in the wheel house application and not much more when I get back out chasing lakers in the unforgiving north country where 20 below temps and drilling through slush rendered the Ion about useless last year.

I gave it a test try yesterday on 9 inches of ice.  Took about 10 seconds to get through.  

5FFFAD2F-BD0C-496C-B89A-39A19EC6095C.thumb.jpeg.94f5fd9b12d1b50cd023d6faa92a3330.jpegA9BBECFB-0CED-48DD-A437-BD7288B54408.thumb.jpeg.b32ee23f221cdfead7d1410863dbaeb4.jpegAB23E1FC-7DE1-43E8-B77E-5AD88F451812.thumb.jpeg.9947e71fa90a5ba5b45ac855062a7824.jpeg29A43F9B-1117-412F-B3D1-B826FBEBB93D.thumb.jpeg.7fc8d823c7f823b98703b5d7a7133b63.jpegC9BB145C-667E-45B5-AF67-A825AFC9C853.thumb.jpeg.8570b1fd20df5696ad800868d9e21b04.jpeg2BB7EB67-85AC-4B1F-9B59-ED48E8805802.thumb.jpeg.75a1e473bc9aabf236c07ad5b05209e4.jpeg

I’ll try loading the video to explain the blade cover.  Nope, I’ll have to try something else.  Basically the cover has 2 spring steel clips holding it on the drill plate.  Step on one side to release it, drill, then center the bit over the cover and push down until it clicks back on.  Easiest cover I’ve ever used.

If you want a solid electric auger that will stand up to hard conditions, I recommend you give these a look.

No prob Del, just putting some information on the site in case someone is considering an electric auger.  I’m not a pro staffer for any company - no ties and I paid my own money for this unit. 

I thought it weird Jiffy hasn’t been talked about much in the electric market so this is just a shout out.

The first version of this was kind of a flop. The battery manufacturer issued the wrong battery and told Jiffy it wouldn’t be a problem and it turned out to be really bad for Jiffy.

This is a new revised version and battery issues have been resolved. I have heard good things. 

I was told that we will see some new things coming from Jiffy with in the next year that will be game changers in the auger world.

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

No prob Del, just putting some information on the site in case someone is considering an electric auger.  I’m not a pro staffer for any company - no ties and I paid my own money for this unit. 

I thought it weird Jiffy hasn’t been talked about much in the electric market so this is just a shout out.

Thanks for clearing that up.  You were really enthusiastic, so I wondered.... "Get the Frabil!!!!"?

8 hours ago, AlwaysFishing23 said:

What’s your preference wanderer? The millwakee/ drill setup or this jiffy rig? I’m loving my dewalt drill setup for now. 

I don’t know that I have one yet, or will for an overall #1.  I mainly use the drill with the 6 inch bit for panfish and moving around a lot.  The Jiffy will be for more stationary set ups and game fish.

Just different tools for different jobs.  This auger makes 5 that I have now.  I have buyers for the Ion so that will go away soon.  The other one I might finally let go is my old gas 8 inch Eskimo.  It’s been a great auger but doesn’t get used much anymore.  If the battery life of the Jiffy holds up as much as I’m hoping it will, I might finally say goodbye to gas.