• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Smoked Appetizer

Ouch, it was a while back since I did them but after looking at the pics the pcs didn't get much heat until they were in the pans. If I remember right the one end of the belly had alot more fat than the other so I trimmed it some. But the break down process in the pans pretty much took care of rest. 

I thought I posted these but must’ve forgot. Apps turned out ok. We had some stuff come up so I ended up not having as much time to cook as planned. I did the armadillo eggs and the shrimp wrapped around sausage and they turned out ok. I used venison Italian sausage for the eggs and I think a sausage like jimmy dean would’ve been better. I sprinkled the shrimp with old bay seasoning. The sausage for the shrimp is some venison country sausage. This combo was good but I cooked it longer than I should have so the shrimp were overcooked. I also cooked a beef tenderloin whole which turned out great.E32C5204-6844-4CA4-A971-11E1D37F5E08.thumb.jpeg.9ba78c42f42796f463989d04b3eb0bae.jpeg

FB9C66B1-2A5C-40BE-BB91-5270BCCADA64.jpeg

2E144DF3-B0A4-4E3B-886D-60A4A7534776.jpeg

B19D4C8D-755A-4D27-BF0F-86E860ED9EA7.jpeg

Edited by huntnfish

1 hour ago, huntnfish said:

I thought I posted these but must’ve forgot. Apps turned out ok. We had some stuff come up so I ended up not having as much time to cook as planned. I did the armadillo eggs and the shrimp wrapped around sausage and they turned out ok. I used venison Italian sausage for the eggs and I think a sausage like jimmy dean would’ve been better. I sprinkled the shrimp with old bay seasoning. The sausage for the shrimp is some venison country sausage. This combo was good but I cooked it longer than I should have so the shrimp were overcooked. I also cooked a beef tenderloin whole which turned out great.

B19D4C8D-755A-4D27-BF0F-86E860ED9EA7.jpeg

So what's the process for these egg deals?  

I just mixed cream cheese and shredded cheddar and stuffed it inside a jalapeño. Then I took the sausage and flattened it and then wrapped it around the jalapeño. Then I smoked them at 225 until the sausage was done. They didn’t have as much kick as I expected them to. I sliced them and then put some Texas Pete on them. I’m hoping to try making them again sometime and experiment with other things mixed in the cream cheese.