• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Smoked Appetizer

2 hours ago, Mike89 said:

ya mean poking the egg!!!   ?

Not to shift the focus of this thread, but if anyone has an Instapot, making hard cooked eggs in those is extremely easy too and the shells peel right off (as long as you give them a soak in cold water).  I prefer the Instapot method because the eggs are stationary and I get less broken ones that way. Whenever I boil them I always get a few that smash into each other.

search pig shots.

slice of sausage wrapped with half slice of bacon to make a little cup, fill with cream cheese mixed with cheddar and rub sprinkle with brown sugar and smoke. lots of different stuffing possibilities. incredible!

a friend tried some I made and said "its like an org____m  in my mouth" then he said, wait never mind.

7 hours ago, smurfy said:

hey eyeguy..........where you get them turkey legs? i love them bad boys.............first thing i look for when i go to a fair!!!!!!!

and i might need your directions!!!!!!?:P pretty please!!!!!!!!

Tried to message you. Walmart usually has big smoked turkey legs. Really good

19 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Tried to message you. Walmart usually has big smoked turkey legs. Really good

? i wont go there...………… the messaging part. I must still be in the doghouse.?

I don't do wallyworld……..i'd like to do my own so...…...i'll be checking out cashwise. i'm an old stubborn kraut so I wanna learn to do it on my own, more fun that way and I can drink beer, have a campfire while doing it!!!!!!?

15 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

Lots of great ideas here, speaking of bacon you can always cut up a belly for burnt ends. Another perfect toothpick grub.  I didnt hve my pellet smoker at the time so the charcoal unit did the job.

These were a hit..

20180701_131816_resized.jpg

20180701_153325_resized.jpg

Holy cow those look good! Do you put a rub on them...any sort of recipe for them? 

58 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

If you really want to do some good in the world, stop buying ATVs made in Canada and start buying all your meat from a local butcher.????

canada is a far better deal then say..indonesia.........china..............korea!!!!!!!

and my meat comes from the north woods of minnesota..........or plantenbergs in richmond......5 miles to the west of me!!!!!!!!!??

50 minutes ago, smurfy said:

canada is a far better deal then say..indonesia.........china..............korea!!!!!!!

Not if your concern is about the American union worker....

50 minutes ago, smurfy said:

and my meat comes from the north woods of minnesota..........or plantenbergs in richmond......5 miles to the west of me!!!!!!!!!??

Sounds like you already know where to get your turkey legs then.

the canuks have plenty of boilermaker union members!!!!!!!!!!!!

momma is checking out cashwise today...i think and friday she'll be asking at plantenbergs...........we have a season rolled pork loin for the grill saturday for our christmas with the kiddos!!!!!

On 12/17/2019 at 8:57 AM, Getanet said:

Holy cow those look good! Do you put a rub on them...any sort of recipe for them? 

I had to look back but it's on page 13 of the smoke thread.  Did 10 lbs 2 different ways with different pork rubs. After getting some smoke time they went in the pans to break down with different sauces.  

On 12/21/2019 at 6:27 PM, bobberineyes said:

I had to look back but it's on page 13 of the smoke thread.  Did 10 lbs 2 different ways with different pork rubs. After getting some smoke time they went in the pans to break down with different sauces.  

I found a recipe and made some last Friday to bring to my family Xmas on Saturday. Needless to say we never made the drive to Wisconsin with the rain/ice we had. Mine turned out pretty good, although I wish I could have cut some of the fat off first.  I also didn't use a drip pan at the beginning, and looked out the window after about 45 mins to see grease pouring out the bottom of my smoker. Once I got that fixed they turned out pretty good. I probably won't be using my smoker again until Spring and will probably need to hit the inside with a pressure washer before I do!