• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

St Paul Icefishing Show.

leech~~

I went 2 years ago and got about $50 off on the Helix I wanted. Brought the whole family, including an infant in a stroller. Wouldn't do that again. The place was packed.  I would have loved it if I went by myself. But as it was, my wife and kids found a spot they could hunker down, I went to buy the Helix, and we got out of there.

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

This St. Paul thing is in the Cities, right?  Um, none for me thanks. ?

It's ok we don't need you Wood ticks down here clogging up the roads or event anyway!  ?

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

I’d find appropriate parking.  Us ticks bury in and are hardly noticeable. ?

Oh it's ok.  I'm going to be up in Sartell for my grandsons Hockey tourney and miss it anyway, fester away!  ?

The Blaine event is small and to the point.  All of the main players are there.  The parking lot seemed full, but the turnover of folks leaving made it a non-issue for us.  

The St Paul show this weekend coincidenced with the Disney on Ice shows at the X and something going on at the Children's Museum.  Booth ramps on the river side of Kellogg were full before the VIP, 11am doors opened.  We ended up parking 6 blocks away in a hotel ramp.  We were yelled at by a cute, mid-40s aged gal with f-in heimers about our inability to "read something," probably the crosswalk lights.  There were no cars around, so we proceeded to cross.  She was doing at 45 coming at us......

The VIP ticket line was short.  It took longer to walk around to the back ticket booth then to purchase.  However, the line to gain entrance was a block long, wrapped all the way to the front skyway,  1,000 or so deep.  It went pretty fast though.  Odd was the security and metal detectors to enter.  One security guy told us to take our out guns and knifes in addition to keys, phones, vap sticks, and lighters.  I have not been to the show in 3 or so years.  Wow how things have changed.  

The show was good.  Ran into a lot of personalities and what not.  We were out for lunch at 1pm and back around 2, when the isles started filling up.