• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How Much Snow Do You Have On Near By Lakes

1lessdog

With the recent storm on Saturday, how much snow do you have on your lakes and how much ice did you have before the snow. In S.E.N.D. the lakes had 4 to 5 inches of snow. Now most lakes have over a foot of snow. Which means lots of slush.

What do you have

Edited by 1lessdog

I checked some lakes on Friday and the slush was pretty Minimal. If there was slush it was less than 1” or was refroze. But most was dry under the snow. Now after the big dumping of snow (11”) we now have 17” on the ground in central MN. Things could get sloppy or dangerous. Heard of a few smaller lakes that opened back up but a lot of bigger lakes up north I like to get to locked up last night with the -1 low. 

Well I have close to a foot of snow in my yard but zero ice as of last weekend.  The lakes finally froze over Sunday night but the next 3 days are going to be in the mid 30's.  Next week looks great right now.  Lets just hope the ice can hang on until then. 

14 minutes ago, BunchOfish said:

Well I have close to a foot of snow in my yard but zero ice as of last weekend.  The lakes finally froze over Sunday night but the next 3 days are going to be in the mid 30's.  Next week looks great right now.  Lets just hope the ice can hang on until then. 

Looks like the temps will be down below zero so will me making ice all day and night. But only time will tell.

23 hours ago, 1lessdog said:

Looks like the temps will be down below zero so will me making ice all day and night. But only time will tell.

Yes that will be great and since we wont have any snow on the ice is should make some serious ice and quickly.  I just hope the lakes that froze over the other night can make it through this warm spell.  As long as the wind doesn't pick up to much I think they will make it.

4 hours ago, BunchOfish said:

Yes that will be great and since we wont have any snow on the ice is should make some serious ice and quickly.  I just hope the lakes that froze over the other night can make it through this warm spell.  As long as the wind doesn't pick up to much I think they will make it.

Would be nice if the wind blew and blew some of the snow off the lakes, so they can freeze faster.

18 minutes ago, 1lessdog said:

Would be nice if the wind blew and blew some of the snow off the lakes, so they can freeze faster.

The only problem with that is it was wet and heavy when it fell, it isn't going anywhere until it melts off.

4 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Say, did you get a different camper?  They don't put those dbl sliders on smaller travel trailers much? ?

Yeah, we found an older park model for sale at a good price just down the road so we bought it at about the end of the season. We sold our smaller one to some friends of ours. We really like the extra room and the slide out. 

We just need to move the deck over by the sliding door in the spring.

8 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

It would have been interesting to hear how the heater kept up?

We stayed in the smaller one last winter just fine. I have no doubt this on would be the same but I probably wouldn't want to stay in this sub-zero weather we have going now.

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Yeah, when you're doing seasonal it's nice to have a little more room to spread out and relax or have the extra room for folks to stay with you. ?

Yep, this one has a whole spare bedroom for guests and even a flush toilet!?