• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Christmas Tradition

Pat K

12 minutes ago, tacklejunkie said:

I feel your pain.

I also am burden with the job of being the taste tester

We're just Lab rats! ?   And you better say "Their Greaat! ?

I think I'm going to start world war III and send this picture to my wife and all my lady relatives and say, look what Pat K's Wife is making him!  

All Holy Heck will break out on facebook!  ?

image.png.03ae783cb5bd7a6b07a70a7b001be00f.png

My mom does pretty much the same thing by making huge spreads of cookies and candies like that but in her case its just her doing all of the work.  She's dabbled with the idea of opening her own bakery over the years but opted to keep it as a hobby instead.  Its not unheard of for her to show up at my door with 3 identical cakes wanting me to eat all 3 and tell her which one is the best.  Apparently I'm supposed to be able to tell the difference between the 3 different variations of the recipe that she is working on.  The only noticeable difference I can see after eating all 3 cakes is which notch on my belt I'm using. 

56 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

bunch of that stuff looks store-bought.   Some looks home made.   

Mrs Tacklejunkie  has a get together with her family were they have a day where they will make Christmas cookies and candy and many of their items looks just like those in the picture 

12 hours ago, delcecchi said:

bunch of that stuff looks store-bought.   Some looks home made.   

I guarantee they are all hand made. 50 lbs of dipping chocolate 10 lbs of white chocolate, mass quantities of sugar, coconut and fondant. Then 13 women put in 8 hours of mixing, rolling, dipping and trimming. Each family has some of the centers mixed ahead of time because they need to cool and set overnight.

1 hour ago, Pat K said:

I guarantee they are all hand made. 50 lbs of dipping chocolate 10 lbs of white chocolate, mass quantities of sugar, coconut and fondant. Then 13 women put in 8 hours of mixing, rolling, dipping and trimming. Each family has some of the centers mixed mixed ahead of time because they need to cool and set overnight.

Do they drink Wine while cooking like our ladies?  ?

On 12/11/2019 at 7:15 PM, Pat K said:

I guarantee they are all hand made. 50 lbs of dipping chocolate 10 lbs of white chocolate, mass quantities of sugar, coconut and fondant. Then 13 women put in 8 hours of mixing, rolling, dipping and trimming. Each family has some of the centers mixed ahead of time because they need to cool and set overnight.

Well, then I am definitely impressed with their work.