Jump to content
  • GUESTS

    If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

    This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

  • Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

    "Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

    Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area' in the outdoors.

    EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

      Have Fun!!!

PurpleFloyd

Best Electronic On The Ice This Year.

Recommended Posts

It’s been a few years since I bought my Humminbird graph. It seems like graphs are replacing the older style flashers in the marketplace but I haven’t seen what the next big thing is. Who is making the best and most innovative product on the market this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that why at Fleet Farm today I saw the whole line ups of Marcum, Hummingbird & Vexilar flashers and only 2 or 3 graph units in the Ice fishing section? 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Is that why at Fleet Farm today I saw the whole line ups of Marcum, Hummingbird & Vexilar flashers and only 2 or 3 graph units in the Ice fishing section? 😏

What did you see? Which were the best?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

What did you see? Which were the best?

 

Marcum, Hummingbird & Vexilar flashers!  Vex of course!  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, leech~~ said:

 

Marcum, Hummingbird & Vexilar flashers!  Vex of course!  👍

Anything new technology that hasn’t been around for 30 years?  

 

At least Marcum added a graph on their units. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I think if Marcum would just improve and update the Showdown to have 7 colors and a bit bigger screen it would be a home run. Anything to straighten out that circle to represent what’s actually happening would be a huge upgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because you are orbicular challenged, doesn't mean the other thousands of folks they sell flashers to each year are.

They don't seem to be going away!  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They aren't exactly new, but if you haven't looked at the new Aqua Vu Micro Revolution underwater cameras they are pretty slick. The reel for the camera cord is a really great feature. And the actual camera you drop down the hole is a lot smaller than the old ones that were shaped like a panfish and seem to bother the fish less.

 

Just something to look if money is burning a hole in your pocket. 

 

Also, not electronics, but the Bait Up minnow holders seem pretty slick for guys trying to be as mobile as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BRULEDRIFTER said:

Garmin Panoptix is the the latest and greatest.  Costs a small fortune, but it's where technology is trending. 

Yeah that’s some interesting technology. I would imagine prices will come down as they are able to scale production. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Getanet said:

They aren't exactly new, but if you haven't looked at the new Aqua Vu Micro Revolution underwater cameras they are pretty slick. The reel for the camera cord is a really great feature. And the actual camera you drop down the hole is a lot smaller than the old ones that were shaped like a panfish and seem to bother the fish less.

 

Just something to look if money is burning a hole in your pocket. 

 

Also, not electronics, but the Bait Up minnow holders seem pretty slick for guys trying to be as mobile as possible.

Cameras are a great place to improve experience. 

 

Cuddyback sold a camera that was was really neat. It was in a housing that you could rotate 360 degrees in any direction. Slow, fast. It was great in shallow water but not when it got deeper.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Just because you are orbicular challenged, doesn't mean the other thousands of folks they sell flashers to each year are.

They don't seem to be going away!  😉

 

 

Its not whether you can but rather why why should you have to? It’s kind of like AM radio. They still have it and people still listen to it but there are waaaaaay better out there. 

 

We have the ability to straighten the circle circle and make the world right again. :lol:

 

Or, you could just be like Rick and start deleting posts for no good reason because obviously the board is overflowing with topics and participation. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...