• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer Processing

27 minutes ago, CigarGuy said:

Need some recommendations for deer processing. Leaving Cook tomorrow, heading to Burnsville. Some place along the route would be great. No, I don't want to do it myself!? Thanks in advance. 

Isn't there a place just south of Cook on 53,  has a bunch of wood in the yard?    

Mark's Country Market 9092 Hannula Rd, Angora, MN 55703

I don't know anything about them, but they have been there a long time.  

And we changed a trailer tire in their driveway a couple years ago.... 

Edited by delcecchi

1 hour ago, CigarGuy said:

Thanks Leech, looking for something down through Cloquet along 35 to Burnsville? Called a place in Virginia and they are so busy, won't take new deer till Thursday. 

What ever one you try make sure you call ahead. I found myself running all over one year trying to get a deer in. ?

Check out Brother's Meats in Maple Grove.  Might be a little bit off your path home, but they do a great job.  I have been going there for the past few years and everything has been good.  Processed my own deer for twenty five years.  I am done with that.  They give you your own cuts of meat back, which was important to me, and their polish and sticks are excellent.

14 hours ago, CigarGuy said:

Thanks, I'll check it out!

My family has always processed their own deer, but this year for a variety of reasons took my dad's buck into Bakken's on Sunday. Another guy we hunt with brought his in there on Opening Day for the first time ever too. $115 for most deer I believe, a little less for a fawn, and a little more for a really big buck. You get your own meat back if you're having it cut into steaks, chops, etc. If you're getting it processed into sticks, summer sausage, etc it gets mixed in with all the rest.  At least that's what they guy we hunt with said he was told.  

Of course, if you don't head up that way often you'll have to drive back up to Stanchfield and back - make sure to stop at the Brass Rail in Grandy for some broasted chicken!

12 minutes ago, CigarGuy said:

Will, I drove by them all. It's hanging in my garage. Might take it to Greg's in Hampton.

You drove by as they are all full and can't take any more?  Or just not time to stop?