• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone Else Getting Their Sleds Ready ?

Walleyehooker

well the battery was dead, but I did pull start it for the first time this season, it ran good. just need to replace the hifax and its ready to go. not sure about the battery, I have the tender on it now, may need a new one.

On 12/31/2020 at 8:12 PM, leech~~ said:

7xh9.gif

You can’t even blame that ride on the Trestle Inn! ?

Hope you guys find some decent riding but I’m not sure where it is for trails.  Central MN and Ely trails have snow on them but like @knoppers mentioned, not great.  The best snow I’ve seen has been in ditches that haven’t been run too much, or on the lakes.

i got rid of my wifes sled 4-5 years ago and kept mine. its been stored in my moms shed like forever. i decided last year to get it up and running and had the carbs all fixed up and runs like a top.

i now leave it up at the cabin cause thats where i'd use it most. i usually started it about every other time i was up there which was plenty!!!!🤭🤗 let it run for 20 minutes or so........so yea its ready to go!!!!!

funny how that works...... when it is 3 1/2 hours away i managed to start it more then when it was 5 miles away!!!!!!!!🙄 

well fired up the ole ski-doo when i was up at the cabin spearing. did put on 10 miles on it before the rain and warm weather took out the snow. made some paths for the deer to walk down to make it easier on them.  felt like a little kid with a new toy!!!!!!!🤭🤣

18 hours ago, smurfy said:

Hey Leech, brother said they've had about 24 inches of snow since he's been there. That was Christmas day. Got them sleds loaded up!!😁

I'm game to hit some trails in a week or so, but not sure about lakes yet with that much weight going on the ice. Slush city!  😕

Edited by leech~~

Sadly I think it's only a matter of time.  To dump that much snow weight on Ice that could have had a few more good inches added before the snow hit. Is going to have some slush work it's way on top once the ice sinks down.  🙁

The best thing is for you guys run around to pack it all down to freeze up hard, before I go fishing!  😆

Edited by leech~~

Haven’t seen slush yet on Winnie after plowing a couple chutes of my own.  But the snow isn’t real deep on the lake either.  About a foot.

But like @knoppers said Backus has plenty of snow.  The ditches from Pine River and north looked like outstanding riding for sleds than can handle 2 feet of powder.  LOTS of sleds running!