• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone Else Getting Their Sleds Ready ?

Walleyehooker

They changed all of the wiring harnesses and finally figured out that it was the computer. By the time I got it back all of the snow was gone and put it in storage. Just got it out of storage and hooked up battery and fired right up and reverse is still working. Hopefully we get snow early this year so I can test it out more. The machine is a 2016 and I only got 750 miles on it in 3 years. I guess that's better than the 1995 Jag I have with 1500 miles and the 1998 ZL 440 with 3000 miles on it. 

All ready to go here. All cleaned up, fueled up, greased up, new tabs, fluids topped off, tracks adjusted. Busy, busy! I got them ready a few weeks ago as I knew I’d have little or no time to get things ready before snow. Now I just need to finish getting the ice gear ready which will be put into use REAL soon! Busy time of year indeed. No I’m off to find a gently used mid 90s early 2000s Indy 500 liquid or fan cooled under 4K miles, for ice fishing, trail riding and a bit of off trail, my personal sled.Talked about getting my own sled for years and I think this may be the year I make that happen. I still need to make a run and pick up oil for the season before I forget!  

I ended picking this beauty up a few weeks ago. Thing is MINT shape. It looks brand new from a distance. Cleaned up well, guy had just put on new tabs, carbides, plugs. Has a New spare belt to. Heck of a deal. Fairly close to home to only a couple hour round trip all worked out well. Sled needs nothing ready to go. Runs excellent he cleaned carbs to. Ready for snow now! Should be great for trail riding and if we ever get snow and cold ice fishing machine. image.thumb.jpeg.baf607fd3417c9e6dda70fa8ae87ca48.jpeg

1 minute ago, AlwaysFishing23 said:

Everyone ready to go?! 6”+ for central MN tomorrow night then another 6-12” Friday and Saturday. I’m ready to go! Just need to move the sleds forward in the shed and wait for snow. 

Great, please find all the rocks in the trails for us before we get up there!  ?

9 hours ago, AlwaysFishing23 said:

We had about 5.5” this morning at home. After I finished snow Blowing the driveway I had to take the sled for a rip. Ran perfect! Good purchase. Now bring on the snow! Hopefully Sunday when the trails officially open ( Dec 1st) I can get a couple miles in. 

The snows a little heavy and wet right now.  Don't blow all your belts in one place!  ?

On 11/27/2019 at 9:51 PM, AlwaysFishing23 said:

Good thing it was all powder this morning! ?

AlwaysFishing23, how is the snow up there? Have you been out on any trails or lakes with the new sled yet?  ?

@leech~~

We got about 9 inches out of the last system and still have maybe 6 of it left.  Forecasted 100% chance of new snow tonight 5-8 inches.

I saw groomed snowmobile trails around Brainerd last Friday.  Of course people have been running the ditches too.  The snow has seemed kind of greasy to me this past week though.  Kind of weird.  Today it turned a little sticky.

20 hours ago, leech~~ said:

AlwaysFishing23, how is the snow up there? Have you been out on any trails or lakes with the new sled yet?  ?

Yes I was out almost everyday last week! Put about 50 miles on my Indy so far no issues loving it! I had a minor breakdown (lost a idle wheel) on the two up sled so I’m waiting on a new one for that. Trails were groomed from fort ripley up to Bena as of Saturday. They looked ok. Should be sitting ok after the dumping last night. Planning to get out and rip around some more this week! Went to Winnie on Saturday and ended up bringing the atv for travel but wish I would have brought the sled to cruise around some. 10” ice on Winnie. We had about 8-10” on ground at home before last night. Not sure how much last nights storm brought but heard from a buddy 4-6” fell. 

2 hours ago, AlwaysFishing23 said:

Not sure how much last nights storm brought but heard from a buddy 4-6” fell. 

That’s about right.  I figured 5 inches of new powder.

Glad you’re getting out and enjoying your sled. ?

got a good 0.2 miles on the sled, just pulled out of the garage, and did a quicky up and down the road. got to test my cats starting, as the battery somehow was dead, but pulled the recoil, and it started first pull, its a good backup to have if the battery is dead, got to love the batteryless EFI system cat has.

21 minutes ago, knoppers said:

got a good 0.2 miles on the sled, just pulled out of the garage, and did a quicky up and down the road. got to test my cats starting, as the battery somehow was dead, but pulled the recoil, and it started first pull, its a good backup to have if the battery is dead, got to love the batteryless EFI system cat has.

Isn't that only a 2-3 year old battery?  Do you keep a Tender on it?