• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikings 2019

leech~~

1 hour ago, nofishfisherman said:

Only 2 comments on the game. 

1. What a lousy throw by Cousins in the endzone and what a lousy play call.  They were running the ball right down the Packers throats, why would you not keep running it. 

2. I think I hate the new PI replay.  To take a touchdown off the board because they noticed someone maybe sorta blocking when they reviewed the scoring play is kind of a joke.  The PI wasn't called on the field and no one challenged it.  When you're reviewing the scoring play it seems like you should only be reviewing if the player got the ball across the line without losing control.  Pretty soon they'll be reviewing every lineman to make sure they weren't holding on the play as well and that none of them moved a thousandth of a second before the snap.  If that happens I hope they also review every defensive player to make sure they didn't move early, hold, or engage a receiver after 5 yards.  It really feels like we've gone too far with this replay thing and they're using it as a answer to everything when sometime you're just exchanging one bad call for another. 

I think thats all I've got besides the fact that I haven't been real impressed with the NFC north so far.  The Packers and Vikings look average to decent but hardly superbowl contenders.  The Bears squeaked out a win but they are looking like they don't have much to work with at QB.  And the Lions as usual aren't worth talking about.  

1. I think the play call was fine, Cousins just F'ed it up. Play action on first down after you have been running up and down the field on a team is pretty standard but throwing into triple coverage on a play like that is not.

2. Anyone who has ever advocated for instant replay review in sports is now getting what they deserve in my opinion. I could have told you that there would be a natural progression that would lead to this point and beyond. I say get rid of replay review in it's entirety and live and die by what referees call on the field. I was told at the beginning stages of replay that the reason was "so we get the calls right". If that is really the reason, you should be happy they got it right. 

5 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

2. Anyone who has ever advocated for instant replay review in sports is now getting what they deserve in my opinion. I could have told you that there would be a natural progression that would lead to this point and beyond. I say get rid of replay review in it's entirety and live and die by what referees call on the field. I was told at the beginning stages of replay that the reason was "so we get the calls right". If that is really the reason, you should be happy they got it right. 

Ive never really been a fan of replay.  I think we've all seen cases where the refs still screwed it up after replay so we're trading one bad call for another.  Its interesting to hear the rules guy they have commenting on the broadcasts.  They always give their opinions on how they see the play and whether it should be overturned or not.  Yesterday there were 2 reviews that they disagreed with how the officials called the play after review which shows how its all still subjective.    You can look at every single play during a game and probably find something to call on both teams if you look hard enough which I think is a case of what happened during Diggs touchdown that was called back.  Cook either ran into the defender or intentionally tried to block him.  I'm not sure its 100% clear either way and isn't the benchmark supposed to be "clear and indisputable"?  Unfortunately now that replay is a thing pandora is out of its box and I don't think it can ever be put back in.  

3 hours ago, nofishfisherman said:

Only 2 comments on the game. 

1. What a lousy throw by Cousins in the endzone and what a lousy play call.  They were running the ball right down the Packers throats, why would you not keep running it. 

2. I think I hate the new PI replay.  To take a touchdown off the board because they noticed someone maybe sorta blocking when they reviewed the scoring play is kind of a joke.  The PI wasn't called on the field and no one challenged it.  When you're reviewing the scoring play it seems like you should only be reviewing if the player got the ball across the line without losing control.  Pretty soon they'll be reviewing every lineman to make sure they weren't holding on the play as well and that none of them moved a thousandth of a second before the snap.  If that happens I hope they also review every defensive player to make sure they didn't move early, hold, or engage a receiver after 5 yards.  It really feels like we've gone too far with this replay thing and they're using it as a answer to everything when sometime you're just exchanging one bad call for another. 

I think thats all I've got besides the fact that I haven't been real impressed with the NFC north so far.  The Packers and Vikings look average to decent but hardly superbowl contenders.  The Bears squeaked out a win but they are looking like they don't have much to work with at QB.  And the Lions as usual aren't worth talking about.  

^^^^^^^^

1. zimmerman and stefanski should be fired, cousins benched. (or released)

2. the review by the "experts" in NY has destroyed any legitimacy this sport may have had.

Should note cousins contract. speilman got played. (he should go too)

Edited by Uncle Bill

Pro football: Vikings' Cousin is lowest-rated QB in NFL

By Chris Tomasson St. Paul Pioneer Press

Sep 16, 2019 Updated 7 hrs ago

EAGAN — At one point last year, Kirk Cousins was the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL. Now, he’s the lowest-rated signal caller in the league.

According to Pro Football Focus, Cousins, in his second season with the Vikings, has a rating of 31.0. That ranks him 33rd out of 33 quarterbacks with enough playing time to qualify.

https://www.postbulletin.com/sports/minnesota/pro-football-vikings-cousin-is-lowest-rated-qb-in-nfl/article_bbd151fe-d8db-11e9-a3f8-2bcb2ecdaed1.html

13 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

I'm OK with the replay if it's used for a challenge.  The automatic review is pretty lame though.

And I agree with Dave about the playcall.  If he would have thrown to an open receiver nobody would have said it was an awful call.  Cousins effed that up.

Agreed that Cousins messed up.  Throwing off your back foot almost fifteen yards behind the line of scrimmage?  However, Stefanski should have never called that play.  Cook is having a career day and Cousins could get strip sacked by a kid in Pop Warner.  The Vikings were in four down territory with just over five minutes left and the Packers only have one timeout.  You run it three times and if you don't score, throw it on fourth down.  If they score, they could have run a couple minutes off the clock and put Green Bay in a tough spot to march down the field managing the clock.

Bradbury looks like he is not quite ready to play in the NFL.  Maybe needs a little time.  When Elflein is healthy again, I wouldn't mind seeing Dozier stay in at LG and have Elflein play center.  Not a huge upgrade, but better.

1 hour ago, bobberineyes said:

Exactly,  ya never know maybe Kubiak had a say over Zimms run run run approach.  Hopefully Cousins keeps the confidence going from here on..

How do you know?? I hear you watch movies???

3 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

Exactly,  ya never know maybe Kubiak had a say over Zimms run run run approach.  Hopefully Cousins keeps the confidence going from here on..

It sure looks like they had Diggs in the dog house and not throwing to him much for his missed practices, but Thielen more then made up for him today.

I just hope Diggs doesn't turn into another cry baby Moss!

26 minutes ago, rundrave said:

I am guessing the $200k in fines and then realizing that the Vikings could have voided $40 million of his guaranteed money for missing practice will hopefully put any more drama to rest.

Until they go 8-8 this year and he doesn't have as many catches as he would like and he wants to be gone again.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators
10 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Hey Vikings.

Rudolph, remember Kyle Rudolph! ?

Guys been wasted all year up to this game!

That was an amazing catch. And

Kirk won a Prime Time Away game against a good team. Yayyyy

And what's with Zimmer's defense on 3rd and longs?

8 hours ago, Rick said:

Kirk won a Prime Time Away game against a good team.

I'm not too sure Kirk won that game but at least he didn't do anything to lose it. Without Dalvin Cook the Vikings offense would be less than ordinary.